|Established||January 4, 1965|
|• Governor||Kateryna Andriychuk (PR)|
|• Total||1,220 km2 (470 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Area code||+380 382|
Khmelnytskyi Raion (Ukrainian: Хмельницький район, Khmel'nyts'kyi raion) is one of the 20 administrative raions (a district) of the Khmelnytskyi Oblast in western Ukraine. Its administrative center is located in the city of Khmelnytskyi. EIts population was 53,686 in the 2001 Ukrainian Census and 52,955 (2020 est.)
On 18 July 2020, as part of the administrative reform of Ukraine, the number of raions of Khmelnytskyi Oblast was reduced to three, and the area of Khmelnytskyi Raion was significantly expanded.  The January 2020 population estimate for the raion population was 52,955 (2020 est.)
Khmelnytskyi Raion is located in the central part of Khmelnytskyi Oblast, corresponding to the modern-day boundaries of the Volhynia and Podolia historical regions. One of the main rivers that runs through the raion is the Southern Bug. Geographically, Khmelnytskyi Raion completely surrounds Khmelnytskyi City Municipality forming an enclave.
Khmelnytskyi Raion is divided in a way that follows the general administrative scheme in Ukraine. Local government is also organized along a similar scheme nationwide. Consequently, raions are subdivided into councils, which are the prime level of administrative division in the country.
Each of the raion's urban localities administer their own councils, often containing a few other villages within its jurisdiction. However, only a handful of rural localities are organized into councils, which also may contain a few villages within its jurisdiction.
Accordingly, Khmelnytskyi Raion is divided into:
- 1 settlement council—made up of the urban-type settlement of Chornyi Ostriv
- 38 village councils
- "Krasyliv Raion, Khmelnytskyi Oblast". Regions of Ukraine and their Structure (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Retrieved 7 January 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (PDF) (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 30 September 2020.
- "Про утворення та ліквідацію районів. Постанова Верховної Ради України № 807-ІХ". Голос України (in Ukrainian). 2020-07-18. Retrieved 2020-10-03.
- "Нові райони: карти + склад" (in Ukrainian). Міністерство розвитку громад та територій України.
- "Information card about the district". Official website of the Khmelnytskyi Raion State Administration (in Ukrainian). Archived from the original on 18 July 2012. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "Main Page". Khmelnytskyi Raion State Administration (in Ukrainian). Retrieved 7 January 2013.