Khandker Anwarul Islam
খন্দকার আনোয়ারুল ইসলাম
28 October 2019 – Present
|Senior Secretary, Bridges Division|
13 November 2011 – 27 October 2019
|Spouse(s)||Begum Kamrun Nahar|
|Alma mater||University of Dhaka|
|Known for||Civil Servant|
Khandker Anwarul Islam is a Bangladeshi civil servant. He is the country's 22nd Cabinet Secretary. He was the Senior Secretary of the Bridges Division under Ministry of Road Transport and Bridges and the ex-officio Executive Director of Bangladesh Bridge Authority before joining in the current position on 28 October 2019.
Islam joined Bangladesh Civil Service in 1983 as an Upazila Magistrate under administration cadre after graduating with a Bachelor's and master's degree in Social Welfare from Dhaka University. At the beginning of his career, he served as upazila nirbahi officer (UNO), additional deputy commissioner and director in National Sports Council. After that he served as senior assistant secretary and Deputy Secretary in Parliament Secretariat, as Director in the Department of Relief and Rehabilitation under Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief and as Secretary in National Sports Council.
Islam also served as Joint Secretary and Additional Secretary in the Cabinet Division prior to his joining in the Bridges Division. He joined Bridges Division as Secretary in-charge on 13 November 2011, promoted to Secretary on 31 January 2013 and Senior Secretary on 13 July 2017. He has been appointed as the cabinet secretary on 28 October 2019.
- "Cabinet Secretary's Profile". Cabinet Division. Retrieved 4 November 2019.
- "Khandker Anwarul Islam". Bridges Division. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Anwarul new cabinet secretary". The Daily Star. 13 October 2019. Retrieved 4 November 2019.
- "Anwarul Islam to become 22nd cabinet secretary". The Independent. Dhaka. Retrieved 5 September 2019.
- "Anwarul to become new cabinet secretary; Shafiul alternate ED at World Bank". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 5 September 2019.