|Motto||Everyone's a teacher. Everyone's a student.|
|Type||Independent School, Non-profit organization|
|Focus||Designing student-centered global learning experiences, accessible to the world.|
Khan Lab School allows educators, administrators, and educational technology leaders to tour the school and participate in conversations about the model. Oxford Day Academy, a charter school in East Palo Alto, California, has publicly credited Khan Lab School with being the inspiration for key components of its model. Oxford Day Academy founder Mallory Dwinal conducted pilot work with students at Khan Lab School.
Charla Harris, founder of Learning by Design Charter School in Los Angeles, has purportedly stated that she will use the Khan Lab School learning space as a model for how she will design the learning space of her elementary school. After visiting Khan Lab School in 2016, she stated that her school would offer personalized and project-based learning because “there’s not only an achievement gap, but also an innovation gap.”
At the Arizona State University Global Silicon Valley Summit in May 2017, Colleen Broderick of startup company AltSchool drew comparisons between AltSchool and Khan Lab School, referencing the changing role of the educator and the absence of grades and grade bands.
- "'A Bit Of A Montessori 2.0': Khan Academy Opens A Lab School". NPR.org. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- Khan Lab School reinvents American classroom, retrieved 2017-07-28
- Young, Jeffrey R. (30 March 2016). "How Sal Khan Hopes to Remake Education" – via The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Tanz, Jason. "The Tech Elite’s Quest to Reinvent School in Its Own Image".
- "'From YouTube Pioneer Sal Khan, A School with Real Classrooms". NPR.org.
- "Educator Inquiries". Khan Lab School.
- "East Palo Alto: Oxford Day School to employ new model for education". The Mercury News. Bay Area News Group.
- "Why is the Right School So Hard To Find?". Speak Up Parents.
- "Want Better Education Tools? A Look Inside Camelback Ventures' Diverse Pipeline of Entrepreneurs". EdSurge.
- "ASU GSV Summit: Thinking Outside the Box: New K12 Learning Models". YouTube. Global Silicon Valley.