Holmes with USC in 2012
|Born:||January 19, 1990|
San Diego, California
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||309 lb (140 kg)|
|High school:||Mater Dei|
(Santa Ana, California)
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 4 / Pick: 121|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Khaled Holmes (born January 19, 1990) is an American football center who is currently a free agent. He played college football at USC, and was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Holmes was born in San Diego, California. As a senior offensive lineman at Mater Dei High School in Santa Ana, he was named a Prep Star All American. Trojan teammates Matt Barkley, Victor Blackwell and Max Wittek also prepped at Mater Dei in 2007.
Holmes enrolled in the University of Southern California, where he played for the USC Trojans football team from 2009 to 2012. He started all of 2010 at right offensive guard as a sophomore and was named a 2010 All-Pac-10 honorable mention. Holmes started for his second season on the offensive lineman as a junior in 2011, performing exceptionally well at center in 2011 after playing offensive guard in 2010. He made the 2011 All-Pac-12 second team and the Phil Steele All-Pac-12 second team. He was moved from guard to center in 2011 spring practice. Holmes received his bachelor's degree in Classics at USC in the spring of 2011 and completed a master's degree in Communication Management the following year, 2012. He made the 2011 Pac-12 All-Academic second team. He made 2010 Pac-10 All-Academic honorable mention. Holmes started his third season as a senior in 2012 as an Academic All-American candidate and after the regular season was named one of six finalists for the Rimington Trophy, given annually to college football's top center.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 in
|10 1⁄4 in
|13 (Tore Pectoral on 13th rep) reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
On April 27, Holmes was taken in the fourth round, with the 121st overall pick, of the 2013 NFL Draft by the Indianapolis Colts. He made his NFL debut in Week 15 against the Houston Texans. On May 2, 2016, Holmes was waived by the Colts.
New York Giants
- Rich Hammond, Barkley could play in Sun Bowl, but should he?, The Orange County Register, December 3, 2012, accessed December 4, 2012.
- Alabama's Warmack tops list of interior line prospects
- "Indianapolis Colts make roster moves". blogs.colts.com. May 2, 2016. Retrieved May 2, 2016.
- Alper, Josh (August 14, 2016). "Bears sign Khaled Holmes, Shelley Smith". NBCSports.com. Retrieved September 5, 2016.
- Mayer, Larry (September 3, 2016). "Bears trim 22 to reach 53-man limit". ChicagoBears.com. Archived from the original on October 21, 2017.
- Valentine, Ed (January 18, 2017). "Giants' roster moves: C Khaled Holmes reportedly added". BigBlueView.com.
- Eisen, Michael (June 8, 2017). "Giants sign veteran DT Corbin Bryant". Giants.com.