|Founded||December 13, 1998 (19 years ago)|
Number of locations
|45 stores (2017)|
|Asia, Europe, Australia, America, Northern America and Middle East|
|Shamoon Sultan (Founder & CEO)|
Khaadi (Urdu pronunciation: /khɑ��diː/; Urdu: کھاڈی) is a leading Pakistani fashion and lifestyle brand founded in December 1998. In the short time since its inception, Khaadi has quickly transformed into a robust brand with international presence and is now Pakistan’s most iconic fast fashion retail force. Today it operates 46 stores, in 17 cities across Pakistan and 17 stores across UK and the GCC expanded over a retail space worth 350,000 square feet which is the largest by far of any textile brand – offering a rich customer experience unique to Khaadi. It offers a wide range of products from apparel for women, men and kids to home-textiles, in both printed and hand-woven fabrics.
Khaadi has won numerous industry awards including Lux Style Award for High Street Band thrice, Achievement in Fashion Design - Prèt and has been nominated at different occasion in several categories at Lux Style Awards. It is regarded as the one of the best fashion brands in Pakistan.
History and operations
The first store was opened in Karachi's Zamzama in 1999 and received wide spread acclaim in short-span of two weeks, talking to Dawn News Shamoon accounts that, "We started getting feedback from day one. We were stocked out in two weeks and we had to shut down the store."
Khaadi then expands to multi-stores with in two years of its inception and introduced wide range of product lines. Leading architecture firm ASA served as the interior designer for Khaadi stores at Pakistan, UK and UAE until 2017. It currently operates 46 stores, in 17 cities across Pakistan and 17 stores across UK and the GCC, offering a wide range of products from apparel for women, men and kids to home-textiles, in both printed and hand-woven fabrics.
In 2010, Khaadi expanded internationally by opening stores in the UAE first in Dubai and later in Abu Dhabi. In 2013, after global success of the brand, store launches were planned for the UK. In 2014, Khaadi opened a 1,630 sq ft store in Bull Ring, Birmingham at Bull Ring shopping centre and other locations include Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City, Birmingham, UK. Company also opened a store in Highcross Leicester, UK in September 2015. A 22,000-square-feet of Khaadi store was opened in September 2015 at Karachi’s Dolmen Mall Clifton.
In 2017, Nasir Mansoor, a respected figure in labour rights circles and the deputy general secretary at the National Trade Union Federation in Pakistan, rejected a defensive statement issued by Khaadi HQ in response to accusations by Khaadi factory workers that the clothing company had abused a multitude of workers rights ranging from not providing workers official written appointment letters to not issuing mandatory SSI (Social Security Institution) deposits, thereby compromising employee job security and well-being.
year of work
|2001||1st Lux Style Awards||Best Designer Menswear||Shamoon Sultan||Won|
|2010||10th Lux Style Awards||Best Achievement in Fashion Design - Prèt|
|2011||11th Lux Style Awards||Best High Street Brand|
|Best Achievement in Fashion Design - Pret||Nominated|
|Best Achievement in Fashion Design - Lawn|
|2012||12th Lux Style Awards||Best High Street Brand||Won|
|2013||13th Lux Style Awards||Best High Street Brand|
|Best Achievement in Fashion Design - Prèt||Nominated|
|2014||14th Lux Style Awards||Best Achievement in Fashion Design - Lawn|
- "Nominees announced for 2014 Lux Style Awards". Daily Times. August 12, 2014. Archived from the original on August 19, 2014. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "Best of the Bands, Khaadi, Sana safinaz, Gulabo, Deepak Perwani and Saniya Mskatya". Maliha Rehman. News on Sunday. August 31, 2014. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- "Khaadi's multinational ambitions-Shamoon Sultan, CEO, Khaadi, on his vision for the brand and the future of prêt wear in Pakistan". Marylou Andrew. Dawn News. September 1, 2015. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- "Khaadi the label". BestoStyle. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "Khaadi Retail Project-Interior design, coordination and top supervision". Arshad Shahid Abdulla. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- "Khaadi comes Home to Lahore". Mehek Saeed. The Express Tribune. June 8, 2015. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- "Khaadi to open six regional stores in 2015". Drapersonaline. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- "Khaadi the fashion brand". Ufaq Ahfaque. Brandsynario. July 2, 2013. Retrieved December 5, 2014.
- "Khaadi steps out in London". Aisha Jamil. January 4, 2015. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- "Bullring move for Pakistani retailer Khaadi". Graeme Brown. Birmingham Post. December 18, 2014. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- "The rat-race to London – Khaadi strides ahead, the others just sell lawn". The Express Tribune. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- "Khaadi The Brand". Style.pk. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Khaadi.|