This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Société Anonyme / Subsidiary of public company|
|Humberto Leon, Carol Lim|
|Footnotes / references|
Kenzo (stylized as KENZO) is a French luxury fashion house founded in 1970 by Japanese designer Kenzo Takada. Kenzo Takada was born in Japan and moved to Paris in 1964 to start his fashion career. He then became known for using Asian and Japanese influenced style with the construction of European fashion. He started out with a 'Jungle Jap' boutique located in Paris and decorated in jungle inspired decor. He began with handmade women's clothing, then in 1983 Kenzo started designing men and then kids and home collections in 1987. Today, it is an international luxury goods brand owned by parent company LVMH, that purchased the label in 1993.
Since 2011, Humberto Leon and Carol Lim, are the creative directors and head designers of the brand. Their tiger shirt and clothing has been worn by celebrities and fashion bloggers including Beyoncé, Zooey Deschanel, Swizz Beatz, Selena Gomez, Spike Jonze, Joan Smalls, Lorde, and Rihanna.
In 2016, Kenzo announced its collaboration with H&M. Kenzo X H&M collection was released on November 3, 2016. The fashion house also collaborates with Inglot Cosmetics company, which manufactures make-up products. On March 20, 2018, Kenzo revealed Britney Spears as the face of its new 'La Collection Memento No. 2' campaign. The collaboration, marketed as #KenzoLovesBritney, features a variety of ready-to-wear nostalgic denim pieces for men and women.
- Kenzo Takada, 1970–2000
- Gilles Rosier, 2000–2004
- Antonio Marras, 2004–2011
- Humberto Leon, 2012–present
- Carol Lim, 2012–present
- "KENZO SA: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Businessweek.com.
- "Legal mentions". kenzo.com.
- "Kenzo". The Cut.
- "About - OPENING CEREMONY". openingceremony.us.
- "Kenzo - Farfetch". www.style.com. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Kenzo X H&M". Ikon London Magazine. 12 June 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "About us". Retrieved 2018-10-22.
- Bobb, Brooke. "Britney Spears On Her Kenzo Campaign And How She Defines Mum Fashion". Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- "Kenzo is getting a 'Piece of' Britney Spears, the face of its La Collection Memento No. 2". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2018-03-21.