|Jurisdiction||Government of Kenya|
|Headquarters||Times Tower, Haile Selassie Avenue, Nairobi, Kenya|
|Parent agency||Kenya Ministry of Finance|
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), is an agency of the government of Kenya that is responsible for the assessment, collection and accounting for all revenues that are due to government, in accordance with the laws of Kenya.
The headquarters of the agency are located in Times Tower, on Haile Selassie Avenue, in the central business district of Nairobi, the capital and largest city of Kenya. The coordinates of KRA headquarters are:01°17'25.0"S, 36°49'26.0"E (Latitude:-1.290267; Longitude:36.823899).
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya, which became effective on 1 July 1995. The Authority is charged with collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya.
The organization is divided into seven major departments, each headed by a commissioner:
- Customs & Border Control Department (C&BC)
- Domestic Taxes Department (DTD)
- Intelligence & Strategic Operations Department (I&SO)
- Investigations & Enforcement Department (I&E)
- Strategy, Innovation & Risk Management Department (SIRM)
- Corporate Support Services Department (CSS)
- Legal Services & Board Coordination Department (LS&BC)
In addition to the seven major departments, the Authority has the following four other departments to harmonize operations and efficiency. (a) Transformation and Leadership Office (b) Kenya School of Revenue Administration (c) Internal Audit Department (d) Marketing & Communication Department.
To increase tax compliance percentages and encourage more people to file their taxes, the Kenya Revenue Authority has an elaborate online portal that allows citizens to log in and either file tax returns, check their penalties or apply for a certificate of tax compliance. This is in line with the Kenyan government's efforts to automate service delivery through the e-Citizen initiative and avoid long, inconvenient physical queues.
- North Rift Region, which is headquartered in Eldoret
- South Rift Region, which is headquartered in Nakuru.
- Western Region, which is headquartered in Kisumu.
- Southern Region, with headquarters in Mombasa.
- Northern Region, with headquarters in Embu.
- Central Region, which is headquartered in Nyeri.
- Nairobi Region, which is headquartered in Nairobi.
The Chairman of Kenya Revenue Authority is Francis Muthaura. The Commissioner General, serving in this capacity from 1 July 2019, is James Githii Mburu.
|Commissioner General||Term Start||Term End||Appointed By|
|James Githii Mburu||July 2019||June 2022||Uhuru Kenyatta|
|Chairman of the Board||Term Start||Term End||Appointed By|
|Edward Sambili||May 2018||Uhuru Kenyatta|
|Francis Muthaura||May 2018||October 2019||Uhuru Kenyatta|
Kenya School of Revenue Administration (KESRA-KRA)
Kenya School of Revenue Administration (KESRA) is the Kenya Revenue Authority’s premier training school specializing in Tax and Customs Administration, Fiscal Policy and Management. The School is one of the only four World Customs Organization (WCO) accredited Regional Training Centres (RTCs) in Africa. 
- Maundu, Pius (3 March 2015). "John Njiraini retained as Kenya Revenue Authority Commissioner General". Daily Nation. Nairobi. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- KRA (22 October 2016). "Kenya Revenue Authority: About The Authority". Nairobi: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA). Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- Google (22 October 2016). "Location of the Headquarters of Kenya Revenue Authority" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- "Kenya Revenue Authority". itax.kra.go.ke. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "How to Check KRA penalties | Mojapedia". Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- KRA (22 October 2016). "List of All Offices of Kenya Revenue Authority" (PDF). Nairobi: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA). Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- "Uhuru appoints Muthaura as KRA chairman, Karangi pushed out of KAA". The Star, Kenya. Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- Wandera, Gilbert (12 August 2015). "Gor Mahia FC 2 - 0 Ushuru: Penniless K'Ogalo leave taxmen bruised in their pursuit of KPL glory". The Standard (Kenya). Nairobi. Retrieved 22 October 2016.
- "Kenya School of Revenue Administration". Retrieved 15 July 2019.