James at MCAS Miramar in 2019
|Born:||June 29, 1991|
Roselle, New Jersey
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||180 lb (82 kg)|
|High school:||Scotch Plains (NJ) Union County|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 6 / Pick: 184|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Kendall James (born June 29, 1991) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in the sixth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Maine.
James attended the Union County Academy for Information Technology in Scotch Plains, New Jersey. While playing for Abraham Clark High School in Roselle, New Jersey. He earned all-conference and all-league honors during both his junior and senior seasons, and helped lead his team to its first winning record in 10 years in 2007. He set the school record with a 103-yard interception return for a touchdown. He also played basketball, where he was a three-year starter at point guard helping lead his team to a sectional championship during his junior season. He also ran track and helped lead his team to a state title his junior season.
James attended the University of Maine, where he was a member of the Maine Black Bears football team from 2009 to 2013. During his career, he accumulated 136 tackles, nine interceptions, 25 pass break-ups and three forced fumbles. He earned All-Colonial Athletic Association honors twice; a third-team selection in 2011, and a first-team selection in 2013. He was also named a second-team FCS All-American by the Associated Press.
2014 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 11 in
|4.29 s||1.53 s||2.53 s||4.19 s||6.81 s||39 in
|10 ft 0 in
|All values from the NFL Combine |
2014 NFL Draft
On May 16, 2014, James signed his rookie contract with the Minnesota Vikings. On August 30, 2014, he was released by the Vikings. On the following day, he cleared waivers and was signed to the Vikings' practice squad.
On December 3, 2014, James was signed by the Cleveland Browns. On September 5, 2015, he was waived by the Browns. On the following day, he cleared waivers and was signed to the Browns' practice squad.
James was signed by the Detroit Lions on December 15, 2015.
New York Jets
San Diego Fleet
- Kendall James – Scout
- James Commits to Maine
- James Honored to AP All-America List
- Minnesota Vikings Select CB Kendall James
- "Cleveland Browns reduce roster to 53". ClevelandBrowns.com. September 5, 2015. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- "Browns sign eight to practice squad". ClevelandBrowns.com. September 6, 2015. Retrieved September 25, 2015.
- Katzenstein, Josh (December 15, 2015). "Lions waive RT LaAdrian Waddle". Detroit News. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- Lange, Randy (January 7, 2016). "Mangold to Play in His 7th Pro Bowl". New York Jets. Archived from the original on January 10, 2016. Retrieved January 9, 2016.
- Nguyen, Alexander (October 26, 2018). "San Diego Fleet Signs Two More Former Aztecs". Times of San Diego. Retrieved January 30, 2019.
- Michael Rothstein, Seth Wickersham (June 13, 2019). "Inside the short, unhappy life of the Alliance of American Football". ESPN.com. Retrieved September 12, 2019.