|Dean of York|
|Church||Church of England|
|Diocese||Diocese of York|
|In office||2004 to 2012|
|Other posts||Dean of Exeter (1996 to 2004)|
|Ordination||1969 (deacon); 1970 (priest)|
|Born||27 June 1944|
|Spouse||Viola Mary Jenkyns|
|Alma mater||Selwyn College, Cambridge|
Early life and education
Jones was born on 27 June 1944 in Shrewsbury, England. He received his secondary education at Ludlow Grammar School in Shropshire. He studied English literature at Selwyn College, Cambridge, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in 1965: as per tradition, his BA was promoted to a Master of Arts (MA Cantab) degree. From 1967 to 1969, he trained for holy Orders and studied theology at Cuddesdon College, an Anglo-Catholic theological college near Oxford.
Jones was ordained at Southwark Cathedral and served a curacy in the parish of Limpsfield with Titsey, Surrey. In 1982 he was appointed vicar of St Mary-le-Tower, Ipswich in 1982, a position he held until 1995. He served his first cathedral position as Priest-Vicar at St Albans Cathedral and was appointed the Rural Dean of Ipswich in 1992. He was an Honorary Canon of St Edmundsbury Cathedral between 1993 and 1995.
He was appointed Dean of Exeter in 1996. He was installed as Dean of York in June 2004. He retired from full-time ministry on 30 April 2012. In 2013, he was granted permission to officiate in the Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich. Since retirement he has served as an Associate Minister, at St Margaret's Church, Ipswich.
- Member, General Synod (1999–present)
- Chairman, Pilgrims' Association
- Member, Places of Worship Panel, English Heritage
- Mr Keith Jones (1944–1969)
- The Revd Keith Jones (1969–1993)
- The Revd Canon Keith Jones (1993–1995)
- The Very Revd Keith Jones (1996–present)
- Who's Who 2012 – JONES, Keith Brynmor
- Jones, Very Rev. Keith Brynmor. Who's Who 2018. Oxford University Press. 1 December 2017. doi:10.1093/ww/9780199540884.013.22401.
- "Keith Brynmor Jones". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "Keith Jones". www.stmargaretsipswich.org.uk. St Maragret's Church, Ipswich. Retrieved 24 August 2020.
- Installation of the new Dean of York (2004), York Minster, York, UK, viewed 2 May 2008, http://www.yorkminster.org/news/minster-news/story92/installation-of-the-new-dean-of-york.html
- "New Dean of York named". BBC News. 13 January 2004. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Church Times #7750, 30 September 2011