Ferguson in 2010
Keith James Ferguson
February 26, 1972
|Alma mater||University of the Pacific|
University of Southern California
Keith James Ferguson (born February 26, 1972) is an American voice actor. He is perhaps best known for his roles as Bloo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Basch fon Ronsenburg from Final Fantasy XII, Marluxia from Kingdom Hearts, Lord Hater from Wander Over Yonder, Lord Saladin from Destiny and Destiny 2 and Reaper from Overwatch. He also provides a number of sound-alike portrayals, including Harrison Ford's Han Solo and Indiana Jones in Robot Chicken and Lightning McQueen in the Cars video games, replacing Owen Wilson.
After studying theatrical performance and creative writing at the University of the Pacific and University of Southern California, Ferguson worked behind the scenes in daytime television production while occasionally finding time to perform in local theatre productions and improvisation groups.
Towards the end of his production career, he actively began his pursuit of a career in voice-over. In 1999, while working on what would turn out to be his last full-time position in television production, a voice-over agent named Pat Brady, after discovering Ferguson the week prior in a voice-over workshop in Toluca Lake, California, and before even officially signing with him for representation, sent him out on what would be his first professional voice-over audition (a sound-alike for Keanu Reeves in a 60-second radio spot satirizing The Matrix for the former Hollywood Video movie-rental franchise). He ended up booking the role from this first VO audition, after which he officially signed with Pat Brady who, through two talent agencies, would continue to represent him to this day.
In 2000, he gained his first experience in animation voice-over alongside Rob Paulsen and David Sobolov having booked the role of Ray on a former, somewhat obscure CG animated web-series entitled Li'l Green Men featured on Warner Bros. former website "Entertaindom." After the next 3 years while building up his voice-over repertoire with various roles in commercial spots, video games, animation and sound-alike voice-matching for various films, he would be cast in one of the first of his more notable roles being that of Bloo in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends created by The Powerpuff Girls animator Craig McCracken. This was accompanied by other notable performances such as General "Thunderbolt" Ross in the animated series The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Friend Owl in the feature Bambi II, as well as his recurring portrayal as Harrison Ford's Han Solo and Indiana Jones in Robot Chicken along with the Star Wars parodies. He reprised his Han Solo character in The Lego Movie.
Amidst further various vocal appearances in animation, a few of which include credits on Family Guy, Adventure Time, Phineas and Ferb, Codename: Kids Next Door, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Legion of Super Heroes, and Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, Ferguson also found a role in Cars Toons: Mater's Tall Tales subbing for Owen Wilson as Lightning McQueen. Ferguson has also done voice work in video games; notable roles include Basch fon Ronsenburg in Final Fantasy XII, Gabranth in Dissidia Final Fantasy and Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy and Number XI Organization XIII member Marluxia in Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories.
Ferguson was also vocally featured as two differently styled race-announcers in two TV commercials for the sports beverage, Vitamin Water; one featuring race-car driver Carl Edwards with Ralph Macchio paying homage to his role in The Karate Kid, and the other a Super Bowl ad featuring Shaquille O'Neal as an unlikely victorious horse-race jockey.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2016)
Ferguson's mother is a retired probate estate specialist whilst his father was a well-known pianist who was one of Southern California's popular piano men until his death in 1999.
|1994||The Defender||Additional Voices|
|2003||The Death of Batman||Short film|
|2006||Hellboy: Sword of Storms|
|2006||Bambi II||Friend Owl|||
|2006||Ultimate Avengers||Additional Voices|
|2008||Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends: Destination Imagination||Bloo, Captain, Francis|||
|2011||Larry & Lydia||Larry|
|2011||Batman: Year One||Jefferson Skeevers|||
|2012||Cartoon Network 20th Anniversary||Bloo|
|2013||Monsters University||Additional Voices|
|2014||The Lego Movie||Han Solo|||
|2014||Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return||Additional Voices|||
|2015||Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts||Gruff Cop, Distinguished Man|
|2015||Inside Out||Additional Voices|
|2016||Norm of the North||Human Tourist|||
|2016||Elena and the Secret of Avalor||Zuzo|
|2019||Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||Baxter Stockman, Two Face|
|2004–09||Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends||Bloo, Additional Voices|||
|2005-07||Family Guy||Jimmy Smits, Various|
|2006||Codename: Kids Next Door||Numbuh 1-Love|
|2006||The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy||Hip-Hop-Itmus-Prime, Additional Voices|
|2006||Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law||Bill Ken Sebben||Ep. "Birdnapped"|||
|2007||Robot Chicken: Star Wars||Han Solo, C-3PO, Imperial Probe Droid||Television special|
|2007||Legion of Super Heroes||Karate Kid, Nemesis Kid||Ep. "The Karate Kid"|||
|2008||Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II||Han Solo, General Veers||Television special|
|2008–12||Cars Toons: Mater's Tall Tales||Lightning McQueen|
|2008-12||Phineas and Ferb||Additional Voices||4 episodes|
|2010||Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode III||Han Solo||Television special|
|2010–18||Adventure Time||Lenny, Colonel Candy Corn, Dr. Donut, Prince Gumball||Replacing Neil Patrick Harris|
|2010–12||The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes||Thunderbolt Ross|
|2011||G.I. Joe: Renegades||Heavy Duty, Hershel Dalton||Ep. "Cousins"|
|2012||Super Best Friends Forever||Superman, Solomon Grundy|
|2012–16||Gravity Falls||Deputy Durland|||
|2013||Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld||Prince Topaz, Skeleton|
|2013–15||Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja||Greg|
|2013–14||Cars Toons: Tales From Radiator Springs||Lightning McQueen|
|2013–16||Wander Over Yonder||Lord Hater, Additional Voices|||
|2014–18||Sofia the First||Sir Bartleby, Wishing Well, Praline, Additional Voices|||
|2015–19||New Looney Tunes||Viktor|||
|2015-present||Yu-Gi-Oh!: Game On!||Bandit Keith Howard, Blade, Seeker, Various|
|2015||Fresh Beat Band of Spies||Additional Voices||2 episodes|||
|2015–present||We Bare Bears||Additional Voices|||
|2016–present||Elena of Avalor||Zuzo|||
|2016-17||Voltron: Legendary Defender||King Alfor, Prorok, Additional Voices|||
|2016-18||Lost in Oz||Reigh, Additional Voices|||
|2017–present||DuckTales||Flintheart Glomgold, Johnny, Randy, Captain Peghook, Megavolt|||
|2018||Unikitty!||Eaglelator||Ep. "Action Forest"|
- "Behind The Voice Actors – Keith Ferguson". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved June 27, 2015. – green check mark indicates roles that have been verified by BTVA through closing credits
- "Keith Ferguson Biography - Rotten Tomatoes". Retrieved November 29, 2014.
- "Powerpuff Girls 10th Anniversary Interview With Creator Craig McCracken - Cold Hard Flash: Flash Animation News, Videos and Links". Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends Voice Actor Biographies". Archived from the original on 2006-12-16. Retrieved 2008-01-04.
- "Bambi II". 7 February 2006. Retrieved 14 June 2016 – via Amazon.
- Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return (film). 2014.
- "X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse Release Information for PlayStation 2 - GameFAQs". Archived from the original on 26 March 2010. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- "Hell and Heaven Net // Final Fantasy XII // Voice Actors". Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game, closing credits - MahaloVideoGames (July 13, 2009). The Ghostbusters Game Walkthrough (YouTube). Event occurs at 0:17.
- Team Tachyon. Quantum Theory. Tecmo. Scene: Ending credits, 2:18 in, Quantum Theory Cast, Voice Actors.
- Vicarious Visions (October 13, 2013). Skylanders: Swap Force. Scene: closing credits, 8 minutes in, VO Production by Soundelux, Voice Actors.
- Square Enix. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Scene: Closing credits, 5 minutes in, Voice Actors, Additional Voices.
- Destiny - End Credits - IGN Video. IGN Video. 2014-09-11. Retrieved 2014-12-04.
- Blizzard Entertainment. World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor. Scene: Closing credits, 11:30 in, Voice Over Cast.
- Traveller's Tales. Lego Jurassic World. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Scene: Credits, 6:00 in, Voice Cast.
- Rocksteady Studios. Batman: Arkham Knight. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Scene: Credits, 13:05 in, Voiceover & Mocap Talent.
- Avalanche Software. Disney Infinity 3.0. Scene: Closing credits, 5:39 in, Featuring the Voice Talents of.
- Blizzard Entertainment. Overwatch (video game).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Keith Ferguson.|