|Keansburg School District|
|100 Palmer Place|
Keansburg, NJ 07734
|Superintendent||John J. Neisz|
|Business administrator||Daniel Castles|
|Affiliation(s)||Former Abbott district|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||1,553 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||A|
Keansburg School District is a public school district based in Keansburg, New Jersey, United States, serving students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. The district is one of 31 former Abbott districts statewide, which are now referred to as "SDA Districts" based on the requirement that the state cover all costs for school building and renovation projects in these districts under the supervision of the New Jersey Schools Development Authority.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "A", the lowest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
In May 2008, Governor Jon Corzine attempted to reduce a $740,000 retirement payout to outgoing superintendent Barbara Trzeszkowski. The package included nearly $185,000 for some 250 unused sick and vacation days, plus $556,290 in severance pay. The severance package, negotiated in a 2003 contract, awarded Trzeszkowski a payout calculated by multiplying her monthly salary by the 38 years she worked in the Keansburg district. The $740,000 amount, to be paid over a five-year period, would be paid out on top of Trzeszkowski's estimated $120,000 annual pension.
- Primary schools
- Keansburg Preschool (for PreK)
- Joseph C. Caruso School (229 in grades 3-4; now K-4). At the start of the 2016-17 school year, the Port Monmouth Road School (which had 501 students in grades PreK - 2) was closed with the opening of the new Joseph C. Caruso School, which is now K-4. The 122,000-square-foot (11,300 m2) school was constructed at a cost of $51 million.
- Joseph R. Bolger Middle School (393; 5-8)
- High school
- Keansburg High School (364; 9-12)
- District information for Keansburg School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Abbott School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 15, 2016.
- What We Do, New Jersey Schools Development Authority. Accessed December 7, 2017.
- SDA Capital Program, New Jersey Schools Development Authority. Accessed December 7, 2017.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 18, 2015.
- McNichol, Dunstan. "Corzine seeks to trim $740K deal for Keansburg schools chief", The Star-Ledger, May 22, 2008. Accessed July 21, 2008.
- School Data for the Keansburg School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 7, 2016
- New Jersey School Directory for the Keansburg School District, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Keansburg Preschool, Keansburg School District. Accessed May 3, 2017.
- Joseph C. Caruso School, Keansburg School District. Accessed May 3, 2017.
- Spahr, Rob. "Officials help break ground for new $51 million Keansburg elementary school", NJ Advance Media for NJ.com, December 17, 2014. Accessed May 3, 2017. "Schools Development Authorities CEO Charles McKenna, state legislators, local officials and Keansburg School District administrators helped break ground for the future Joseph C. Caruso Elementary School on Tuesday. The new 122,000 square-foot school is expected accommodate 750 kindergarten through fourth grade students and feature 28 general use classrooms, eight kindergarten classrooms, self-contained special education classrooms, a media center, a gymnasium and a cafetorium."
- Chain of Command, Keansburg School District. Accessed May 3, 2017.
- Joseph R. Bolger Middle School, Keansburg School District. Accessed May 3, 2017.
- Keansburg High School, Keansburg School District. Accessed May 3, 2017.
- New Jersey School Directory for Monmouth County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Office of the Superintendent, Keansburg School District. Accessed September 1, 2014.
- Business Office, Keansburg School District. Accessed April 26, 2017.