This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gharaibeh on Season 3 of Dance Showdown
October 10, 1983
|Occupation||Internet personality, comedian, actor|
|Home town||Newbury Park, California, United States|
|Web hosting service(s)||YouTube|
|Total views||450 million|
|Updated 30 December 2018|
Kassem Gharaibeh (Arabic: قاسم الغرايبة; born October 10, 1983), known by his stage name Kassem G, is an American comedian and actor, best known for his online content. His YouTube channel, "KassemG", hosts several hundred videos, most notably the California On, Going Deep and Street Music webseries. He won the 2013 Streamy Award for Best Host for his work on California On.
Gharaibeh was born in Amman to an Egyptian mother and a Jordanian father. He lived in Saudi Arabia at a very young age then moved to Florida when he was four years old. He grew up in Ventura County, California.
Before his YouTube career, Gharaibeh was working at a Best Buy and doing stand-up comedy on the weekends, mostly performing in small venues like restaurants. He got the idea to start making YouTube videos when his friend Cory Williams had a video that went viral. After working in retail for 10 years, Gharaibeh finally quit his job and began making videos full-time.
In June 2011 and January 2012, he guest hosted the popular web series Equals Three, created by Ray William Johnson. In 2011, he co-starred in the YouTube film, Agents of Secret Stuff starring Ryan Higa as Mr. Anderson.
In 2009, he co-founded Maker Studios along with Shay Butler and Lisa Donovan. On March 24, 2014, Maker Studios accepted a buyout offer from The Walt Disney Company for $500 million, rising to $950 million if financial milestones were met.
Gharaibeh's YouTube channel features multiple episodic webseries.
Gharaibeh interviews passersby on a specific topic, typically along the Venice Boardwalk. Topics have included gun control, marijuana and internet dating. Gharaibeh has also conducted interviews at numerous fan conventions, interviewing attendees about their costumes and film roles.
Gharaibeh interviews pornographic actors in a deadpan manner. He asks them comedic questions about their careers, and often implores them to perform skits with him. Notable guests have included Asa Akira, Ron Jeremy, Stoya and Lisa Ann.
Gharaibeh and fellow YouTuber and musician NicePeter sing improvised songs throughout the streets of Los Angeles about the things and people they see, often to the displeasure or confusion of the subjects.
- "Partners Project". partnersproject.com. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- "KassemG Exclusive Interview: The Partners Project Ep.5". Partnersproject.com. 2010. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20130222003325/http://www.digmagonline.com/features/a-comedian-s-youtube-success-1.2151473. Archived from the original on February 22, 2013. Retrieved September 15, 2013. Missing or empty
- RayWilliamJohnson (June 13, 2011). "Schindler's Geese". YouTube. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- RayWilliamJohnson (January 13, 2012). "Hole People". YouTube. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- "3rd Annual Winners & Nominees". The Streamy Awards. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- "Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)". Full Cast & Crew. IMDb. Retrieved May 11, 2016.
- Miller, Claire Cain (April 10, 2011). "Actors in Smaller Studios, Making Pictures for the Smaller Screen". The New York Times. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- Fritz, Ben (March 25, 2014). "Disney to Buy Online-Video Network Maker Studios". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- Barnes, Brooks (March 24, 2014). "Disney Buys Maker Studios, Video Supplier for YouTube". New York Times. Retrieved March 27, 2014.