This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Intertitle of Kasamh Se
|Created by||Balaji Telefilms|
Sonali Kotnis, Bhavesh Mandalia, Bobby Bhonsle, Mahesh Pandey, Gaurav Sharma, Vandana Tiwari Fatima Rangila
Brij Mohan Pandey, Rekkha Modi, Dheeraj Sarna, Sharad tripathi, Mirdu Sharma, Vinod Sharma & Ram Kapoor
|Directed by||Arvind Gupta, Anil V. Kumar, Santram Varma, Javed Sayyed, Fahad Kashmiri, Rohit Malhotra, Yash Chauhan, Talat Jani, Taimur A. Bajwa, Rohit Dwivedi, Vicky Chauhan, Mohit Hussain, Muzammil Desai, Deepak Chavan, Ashish Srivastav & Vijay Saini|
|Creative directors||Nivedita Basu Sandiip Sikcand, Vikas Gupta, Suraj Rao, Mitu & Sukriti Saxena|
asso. creative head
|Opening theme||"Kasamh Se" by Nihira Joshi|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||742|
|Producer||Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor|
|Cinematography||Deepak Malwankar, Sanjay Memane & Anil Katke|
|Editors||Vikas Sharma, Vishal Sharma, Swapnil Nerurkar and Manus Majumdar|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Production company||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|First shown in||Zee TV on 16 January 2006|
|Original release||16 January 2006 –|
12 March 2009
Kasamh Se (English title: The Promise) is an Indian soap opera produced by Ekta Kapoor of Balaji Telefilms. The show aired on Zee TV from 16 January 2006 to 12 March 2009. The story is about three sisters - Bani, Piya and Rano.
Kasamh Se focuses on the lives of the three very different but close Dixit sisters: Bani, Pia, and Rano. They live in Mount Abu. After their father's death, the three sisters go to Mumbai to live with Jai Udai Walia, a ruthless business tycoon who knew their parents. Jai falls for Pia, but she loves Jai's employee Pushkar Shukla and more interested in Jai's wealth. Their marriage is arranged but on the wedding day, Pia elopes with Pushkar. To save the Dixit family's honor and mostly persuaded by Jai's cunning sister Jigyasa, Bani takes Pia's place at the altar and marries Jai. Jai is initially furious, but slowly comes to fall for Bani. Jai's younger nephew and Jigyasa's younger son Sahil falls for Rano and they get married.
Though Pia is married to Pushkar, after her argument with Pushkar she gets interested in Jai's wealth and tries to steal him from Bani. Once Jai goes on a business trip, Pia follows him, spikes his drink, and sexually assaults him. This leaves Jai shaken.
On Bani and Jai's one-year anniversary, it is revealed that Pia is pregnant with Jai's child.Bani goes into trauma but later forgives them. Pia gives birth to a son and names him Veer.Rano is pregnant and gives birth a son named Varun. Sahil is killed and Pia frames Bani for Sahil's death and blackmails Jai: he can either let Bani spend life in jail or testify that she is mentally ill and she can spend only five years in a mental hospital. Jai, who is left with no option, rules that Bani is mentally ill and she is sent to a mental hospital.
At the hospital, she gives birth to twins Krishna and Atharva but they are taken away by Jai. Bani escapes from the hospital and is rescued by a man named Aparajit Deb who takes her under his wing. He takes an interest in her. He offers her to come with him abroad so she can get away from her past. Bani agrees but promises that she will return for her children.
5 years later
Krishna and Atharva are now five years old. Pia does not take care of her own son Veer or Krishna and Atharva. Bani, who has adopted the name Durga Dasgupta, returns to take her children and exposes Pia for what she has done and take revenge from Jai.Later she comes to know that Jai has done nothing and he testified against her only to save her.Pia is thrown out of the house.Pia meets with an accident and is left in a wheelchair. Bani and Rano forgive her and help her.
It is revealed that Bani had a twin sister Anamika and she is dead. Her husband Daksh Randheria became mentally unstable after that.He only gets normal when he is with Bani. Krishna and Atharva are kidnapped and murdered in front of Bani and Jai. Struck by the loss of his children and instigation by Jigyasa, Jai kicks Bani out of the house because he thinks his children died because she was having an affair with Daksh. Jai's aunt supports Bani and leaves the house. Bani, feeling like she has nothing left, tries to kill herself by but is saved. She is revealed to be pregnant and finds hope in her life again. Daksh is cured.
Another 5 years later
Bani lives by the name of Maithili with Jai's aunt and her five-year-old daughter Ganga in Meerut. Daksh is helping Bani .Jai has moved on and made his business flourish. He has remarried a woman named Meera Khandelwal. Jai meets Ganga and has a good connection with her, not knowing that Ganga is his daughter. Later he comes to know that Ganga is his daughter. Ganga is revealed to have blood cancer and the only way she can survive is by a bone marrow transplant that can only be donated by family. This makes Jai and Bani come together to save Ganga. Jai comes to know the truth that Bani was never having an affair with Daksh and apologizes to her. Jigyasa is revealed to have gotten the Walia twins kidnapped. Jai sends Jigyasa to jail but Bani does not believe that Jigyasa killed them. Jigyasa is taking the blame for the murder because the actual killer has blackmailed her that they would kill Jigyasa's elder son Ranbir if she didn't take the blame.
Bani gives birth to another set of twins and Jai names them Krishna and Atharva again. Ganga undergoes surgery and is cured. Daksh finds out who killed the twins but before he can reveal it, he is murdered. The family takes a trip to Bani's maternal home in Mount Abu. Pia is revealed to be fine and had been pretending to be handicapped to save Bani because the real killer is one of their family members. Pushkar takes Pia and Veer with him. It is revealed that Krishna and Atharva's killer is Meera. Meera reveals herself to Bani and tells her that five years prior, she had gotten the Walia twins killed because she wanted to separate Jai and Bani and get Jai for herself. Meera then sets Bani on fire. Bani falls off a cliff, burning, into the lake. She is declared dead, which leaves Jai and the family devastated.
Bani is revealed to be alive. She is saved by a man named Partho Mitra. She wakes up in the hospital, her face severely damaged. She is inflicted with amnesia and does not remember who she is. She gets a new face with plastic surgery, and Partho adopts her because she reminds him of his deceased daughter. He takes her to live with him in Kolkata but Bani has a strong feeling that she must return to Mumbai to avenge something.
16 years later
The story advances one generation. Bani and Jai's children, Krishna and Ganga are grown up. Bani gets hazy nightmares of the night Meera tried to kill her. Under her new name Pronita Mitra, she meets Jai in Mount Abu but Jai does not know she is Bani because of her new face. She also completes Ganga's painting in a painting exhibition. Bani is invited to a party at the Walia mansion where she sees Meera and regains her memory. She vows to take down Meera. She comes to know that Meera had spoilt her children and her own son. She exposes Meera in front of Jai. Meera accepts all the allegations and tells Jai the truth that she spoilt his children because Ganga and Krishna are Bani's daughters and if he divorced her she will claim her share in the property. Jai and Bani decide teach her a lesson. They Jai pretends to apologize Meera and asks for their second marriage. Jai and Bani trick Meera into signing divorce papers and Bani sits in the mandap and they marry. They also teach their children a lesson. Jai and Meera's son also comes to know about Meera's truth and disowns her. It is revealed that Partho had been working with Jigyasa and Jigyasa was the one who saved her when Meera tried to kill her 16 years ago.
Meera tries to ruin Ganga's life by having her marry Pratyush Mittal. Mittals are bankrupt and Pratyush is pretending to be in love with Ganga. Bani comes to know about it and with the help of Ganga's friend Rishi Tyagi and her hired actress Sonali expose Pratyush and Mittal family on the day of marriage. Mittal family gets arrested and Rishi who had fallen in love with Ganga makes a proposal in front of Walia family of marrying Ganga. Ganga initially refuses but later agrees.They get married to each other. Bani tries to scare Meera pretending to be Bani's ghost/spirit/soul. Meera comes to kn ow that Bani is alive and tries to kill her.Bani is saved by Jigyasa. Jai stops Meera from attacking Jigyasa. He is so furious that he tries to kill Meera but he is stopped by Walia family. Meera is exposed and sent to jail. Jigyasa reunites with her family. Jigyasa lies to Walia family that she had hired Pronita to expose Meera. Rano and Pia come to know that Pronita is actually Bani and with help of Pushkar prove that Pronita is actually Bani. Ganga falls in love with Rishi. Jai and Pia's son Veer comes to Mumbai.He is unaware of Jai, Bani, Pia's past because he is raised by Pia and Pushkar. He thinks Pushkar as his father.When he comes to know about Jai, Ban, Pia's past,he after Jigyasa's instigation starts planning and plotting against Bani. Jigyasa then creates a rift between Jai and Meera's son Vicky and Ganga, and due to this stress, Jai has a heart attack and is paralyzed. The Walia family then make peace and Jigyasa apologizes to Bani for everything.
One year later
The family has relocated to Mount Abu, Bani and Jai come to their family during the festival of Holi and they celebrate with the whole family. Jai is completely well. The three sisters talk about how they started their journey here in Mount Abu, they are happy together with their family and all ends well.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Section needs to be cleaned up of excessive use of slashes. Slashes are ambiguous. When we're talking about multiple actor names, it's not clear if an actor changed their name, if two actors played the character at the same time, if one actor replaced the other, or which actor was first. With character names, it's unclear if these are multiple characters, nicknames, different married names, etc. There is insufficient context for any of this information to be understood by readers who have never seen the show. See WP:TVCAST for instructions on how to organise cast. New cast members belong at the bottom of the Main and Recurring cast lists. (September 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Prachi Desai Bani/ Durga Dixit / Anamika Gurdeep Kohli (2006–2009) as Bani Walia/Pronita
- Roshni Chopra/Manasi Varma as Piya Dixit
- Arunima Sharma/Pallavi Purohit as Rano Dixit
- Ram Kapoor (2006–2009) as Jai Walia
- Jaya Bhattacharya (2007) / Ashwini Kalsekar (2006–2007 and 2008–2009) as Jigyasa Walia / Jigyasa Bali
- Siddharth Vasudev as Ranbir Bali (2006–2008)
- Prashant Ranyal as Sahil Bali (2006–2007) (dead)
- Naman Shaw as Pushkar Shukla (2006–2008) (dead)
- Manoj Joshi as Nishikant Dixit (2006) (dead)
- Anuradha Rajyadhyaksha as Kiran Dixit (2006) (dead)
- Nigaar Khan as Barnali Walia
- Pawan Shankar as Tarun Sablok (2006-2007)
- Jatin Sial as Aditya Bali (Episode 1-462 and Episode 556 Onwards)
- Bakul Thakkar as Aditya Bali (Episode 463-555)
- Dilnaaz Shroff as Anu Bali / Anu Chopra (2006)
- Sudha Shivpuri as Dadi (2006–2009)
- Swati Anand as Rashi Ranbir Bali (2006–2009)
- Pallavi Subhash as Meera Khandelwal / Meera Jai Walia (2007–2008)
- Kamal Sadanah as Mohan Khandelwal (2007)
- Seema Bhargav as Billo Masi (2006–2008)
- Rakshanda Khan as Roshni Chopra, Jai's ex-girlfriend, Rohit and Rashi's aunt (2006)
- Shabbir Ahluwalia as Sandeep Sikand aka Rock Star Sandy (2006)
- Kushal Punjabi as Lawyer
- Eijaz Khan as Anupam Kapadia
- Karan Patel / Saurabh Raj Jain as Rohit Chopra (2006)
- Suvarna Jha / Priya Arya as Karuna Makhija
- Ronit Roy as Aparajit Deb (2007)
- Sumona Chakravarti as Nivedita Deb (2007)
- Karan Hukku as Daksh Randheria (2007–2008) (dead)
- Atharva Dhanorkar as Atharva Walia (2007) (dead)
- Diya Sonecha as Krishna Walia in childhood (2007) (dead)
- Shailendra Singh as Partho Mitra (2008)
- Ahsaas Channa as Ganga Walia (before 16-year-leap;2007–2008)
- Priya Bathija as Ganga Walia / Ganga Tyagi (after 16-year-leap;2008–2009)
- Navika Kotia as Vidya Bali (2007–2008)
- Priya Marathe as Vidya Bali (2008–2009)
- Akshita Kapoor as Krishna Walia (2008–2009)
- Gautam Gulati as Varun Bali (2008–2009)
- Vivian Dsena as Vicky Walia (2008–2009)
- Vishal Singh as Rishi Tyagi (2008-2009)
- Utkarsha Naik as Sarla Shukla
- Amita Chandekar as Sonali, Jai's ex-girlfriend
- Himanshu Tiwari as Veer Shukla / Veer Walia (2007)
- Anita Hassanandani as Mrs. Anupam Kapadia
- Preeti Amin as Laxmi
- Neha Bam as Mrs. Mittal
- Ajay Trehan as Mr. Mittal
- Lily Patel as Dadi's friend
- Mayank Sharma as Nachiket Udai Walia
- Kishwer Merchant as Seema Shukla (2006)
- Anjali Mukhi as Mrs. Ranvijay Chopra
- Roopal Tyagi as Rhea
- Sanaya Irani as Geet
- Karan Wahi as Pradeep
- Rajshree Thakur as Saloni Nahar Pratap Singh - Invited to Rano's and Sahil's wedding
- Sharad Malhotra as Sagar Pratap Singh (Episode 252) (Integration episode with Banoo Main Teri Dulhann)
- Divyanka Tripathi as Vidya Sagar Singh (Episode 252) (Integration episode with Banoo Main Teri Dulhann)
- Hiten Tejwani as Anupam Kapadia (Episode 515)
- Gauri Pradhan Tejwani as Mrs. Anupam Kapadia (Episode 515)
|2006||Kalakar Awards||Best Actress (Television)||Prachi Desai||Bani Walia|
|Best Serial||Ekta Kapoor||Producer|
|6th Indian Telly Awards||Best Daily Serial||Ekta Kapoor||Producer|
|Best Actress in Negative Role||Ashwini Kalsekar||Jigyasa Bali|
|Best Fresh New Face (Female)||Prachi Desai||Bani Walia|
|Best Onscreen Couple||Ram Kapoor and Prachi Desai||Jai and Bani Walia|
|Best Actor (Popular)||Ram Kapoor||Jai Walia|
|6th Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actor (Jury)|
|Best Serial (Jury)||Ekta Kapoor||Producer|
|2007||7th Indian Telly Awards||Best Actor in Negative Role||Ronit Roy||Aparijit Deb|
|Best Actress (Popular)||Prachi Desai||Bani Walia|
|Best Actor (Popular)||Ram Kapoor||Jai Walia|
|7th Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress in Negative Role||Ashwini Kalsekar||Jigyasa Bali|
|2008||8th Indian Telly Awards||Best Continuing TV Programme||Ekta Kapoor||Producer|
|Special Recommendation||Prachi Desai||Bani Walia|
|France||Antenne Réunion||French||Kasamh Se|
|Mauritius||MBC1||Hindi with English subtitles|
|Francophone Africa||Zee Magic||French||La promesse|
|India||Zee TV||Hindi||Kasamh Se|
|Middle East and North Africa||Zee Alwan||Syrian Arabic||الوعد|
|South Africa||Zee World - DSTV||English||The Promise|
|Nigeria||Zee World - DSTV||English||The Promise|
|Trinidad and Tobago||CNC3|
|Vietnam||Today TV||Vietnamese||Mưu đồ ẩn giấu|
- Vickey Lalwani. "Kasamh Se to be discontinued". Times of India. Retrieved 18 April 2016.
- "Winners of Kalakar Awards" (PDF).
- "Winners of Indian Telly Awards 2006".
- "Winners of Indian Television Academy Awards 2006". Archived from the original on 10 February 2012.
- "Winners of Indian Telly Awards 2007". Archived from the original on 22 July 2012. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- "Winners of Indian Television Academy Awards 2007". Archived from the original on 27 October 2006.
- "Winners of Indian Telly Awards 2008". Archived from the original on 11 September 2018. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "Kasamh Se(la promesse webpage". Kasamh Se - télé la Réunion. Antenne Reunion Télévision. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "'Kasamh Se', les Feux de l'Amour à la sauce Indienne". Kasamh Se. Antenne Reunion Télévision. 18 June 2013. Archived from the original on 9 July 2013. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- Fakir Hassen (5 November 2015). "Zee TV expands French service to Indian Ocean island nations". India Today. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- Angela Ramsoondur Mungur. "Female Indo-Mauritian negotiation of beauty and Bollywood TV serials (draft paper)". Academia. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "India's popular daily soap "Kasamh Se" broadcast as "Mưu đồ ẩn giấu" in Vietnam". Retrieved 1 January 2016.