Warholm at the 2017 Bislett Games
|Born||28 February 1996|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lb)|
|Sport||Track and field|
|Coached by||Leif Olav Alnes|
Karsten Warholm (born 28 February 1996) is a Norwegian track and field athlete who competes in the sprints and hurdles. He has won gold in the 400 m hurdles at the 2017 World Championships and the 2018 European Championships. He competed in the octathlon as a youth, winning gold at the 2013 World Youth Championships.
In June at the 2013 Bislett Games, he competed in the 200 m. He finished seventh in his heat with a time of 22.25 s and did not advance to the final. Usain Bolt won the heat with a time of 19.79 s.
In 2014, Warholm competed in the decathlon as well as in specialised events. At the time, his possible future specialization were the long jump, hurdling and 400 metres. His weakest performances in the decathlon were in the throwing events.
In June 2014, Warholm set a Norwegian junior record in the 400 m with a time of 46.31 s.
In July, he won silver in the 400 m at the 2015 European Junior Championships with a time of 46.50 s, 0.02 s behind Benjamin Lobo Vedel. He also won silver in the decathlon with 7764 points, a personal best.
In July 2016, while participating in the semifinal of the 400 m hurdles at the 2016 European Championships, he broke the Norwegian national record with a time of 48.84 s. He then finished sixth in the final with a time of 49.82 s. In August, he made it to the semifinals in the 400 m hurdles at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
In July 2017, he won gold in the 400 m hurdles at the 2017 European U23 Championships, setting a championship record of 48.37 s. He also won silver in the 400 m with a time of 45.75 s. In August, he won gold in the 400 m hurdles at the 2017 World Championships with a time of 48.35 s. Two weeks after his success at the World Championships, he improved upon his own Norwegian record in the 400 m hurdles with a time of 48.22 s at the 2017 Weltklasse Zürich.
In June, at the Oslo Bislett Games he broke the European men's 400 m hurdles record with a time of 47.33.
- Malin Kjellstadli Korsnes and Tore Ellingseter (10 March 2013): Karsten Warholm tok åtte NM-gull på tre dagar (in Norwegian) NRK, retrieved 17 July 2013
- Heiderleg på Bislett
- Kristian Stenerud and Jarle Mordal(11 July 2013): 17-åring for de store anledninger (in Norwegian) Sunnmørsposten, retrieved 13 July 2013
- Arne Hole (11 June 2014)Viser hvorfor han regnes som Norges største talent Aftenposten.
- Steinar Andre Danielsen et al.: Utvilsomt et av tidenes talenter i norsk friidrett (in Norwegian) NRK, retrieved 13 July 2013
- Nå er 18-åringen nest best gjennom tidene NRK. 7 June 2014
- "Warholm etter ny norsk rekord i EM:– Steike bra!". Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "World Championships: Norway's Karsten Warholm wins 400m hurdles gold". 9 August 2017. Retrieved 10 August 2017 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "400m Hurdles Results" (PDF). sportresult.com. 24 August 2017. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- Warholm and J. Ingebrigtsen dominate 'Norway night' at European Indoor Championships IAAF
- "Oslo: Warholm Sizzles 47.33 European Record". IDL Diamond League. Retrieved 2019-06-16.
- European record for Karsten Warholm Athletics Weekly
| Men's 400 m Hurdles European Record Holder
13 June 2019 –
|Awards and achievements|
| Men's European Athletics Rising Star of the Year
| Norwegian Sportsperson of the Year