Karlovy Vary Airport
Letiště Karlovy Vary
|Owner||Karlovy Vary Region|
|Operator||Airport Karlovy Vary|
|Elevation AMSL||1,989 ft / 606 m|
Karlovy Vary Airport (Czech: Letiště Karlovy Vary) (IATA: KLV, ICAO: LKKV) is the airport of Karlovy Vary in western Bohemia. It is located in the village of Olšová Vrata, 6 km southeast of the city centre and is the fourth-busiest airport in the Czech Republic. The airport handled 104,469 passengers in 2013, which was the highest number of all the times.
Airlines and destinations
The following airline operates regular scheduled flights to and from Karlovy Vary:
From Karlovy Vary or Prague: The airport is 6km southeast of the centre of Karlovy Vary. Turn from the road I/6 (E48) near Karlovy Vary Golf Resort and continue 3,5 km to the airport. Public transport to the airport is maintained seven times per day by city bus Nr. 8. The nearest major international airport is Prague Václav Havel Airport approx. 90 km to the east.
- "Airport Karlovy Vary :: Operation Statistics". International Airport Karlovy Vary. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Business News". Radio Prague. 8 July 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Regional airports flying high". The Prague Post. 23 January 2013. Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- airport-k-vary.cz - Timetable retrieved 10 September 2017
- "Conferences: Take the plunge in Karlovy Vary". The Prague Post. 14 March 2012. Archived from the original on 21 February 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
Media related to Karlovy Vary Airport at Wikimedia Commons