This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
(m. after 1976)
|Children||2, including Chloe|
Karl Howman (born 13 December 1953) is an English actor and voice-over artist. He is known for his role in the BBC television soap opera EastEnders as Buster Briggs which he played from 2014 to 2016 and for the comedy sitcom Brush Strokes (1986 to 1991). He also appeared in ‘’Get Some In’’ as Jakey Smith (1978)
Howman starred in the episode "Shadow" in the BBC series Blake's 7, in the Minder episode "All About Scoring, Innit?" playing Danny Varrow, and in the episode "May" of The Sweeney playing Davey Holmes.
On 25 September 2014, it was announced that Howman had been cast in long running BBC soap EastEnders. Howman appeared as the character Buster Briggs. In his time on the show, Buster's storylines included his relationship with Shirley Carter (Linda Henry), his relationship with his two sons Mick Carter (Danny Dyer) and Dean Wicks (Matt Di Angelo), running a fish stall and having an affair with Kathy Sullivan (Gillian Taylforth). In July 2016, it was announced that Howman would be leaving the show after nearly two years. Buster left the show after his relationship with Shirley and his affair with Kathy both ended with Howman's last episode airing on 23 September 2016.
- "Blakes 7" Shadow (TV Episode 1979), IMDb.com
- "Minder" All About Scoring, Init (TV Episode 1980), Ronnie in Babylon (1980) was a breakout role for him. IMDb.com
- "The Sweeney", May (TV Episode 1976), IMDb.com
- "Karl Howman set to join EastEnders". EastEnders News & Spoilers. 25 September 2014. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Greenwood, Carl (28 July 2016). "Another EastEnders star quits Walford after two years". Mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "EastEnders airs Buster's final scenes as actor Karl Howman leaves the cast". Radio Times. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 26 October 2007. Retrieved 18 November 2009.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)