|Prince of Hohenzollern|
|Head of the Princely House of Hohenzollern|
|Tenure||16 September 2010 – present|
|Predecessor||Prince Friedrich Wilhelm|
|Born||20 April 1952|
Sigmaringen, Baden-Württemberg, West Germany
|Spouse||Katharina Maria "Nina" de Zomer|
|Issue||Alexander, Prince of Hohenzollern|
|Father||Friedrich Wilhelm, Prince of Hohenzollern|
|Mother||Princess Margarita of Leiningen|
Karl Friedrich, Prince of Hohenzollern (born 20 April 1952) is the eldest son of the late Friedrich Wilhelm, Prince of Hohenzollern and Princess Margarita of Leiningen. He became head of the Princely House of Hohenzollern, the Roman Catholic Swabian branch of the dynasty, upon his father's death on 16 September 2010.
Education and career
The prince read business administration at the University of Fribourg, Switzerland.
He is the chairman and sole owner of Unternehmensgruppe Fürst von Hohenzollern (Corporate Group Prince of Hohenzollern), including real estate and forests with 400 employees, and owns a 50% share in the Zollern GmbH und Co. KG (steelworks, transmission technics) with 2800 employees.The Prince himself is voice, saxophonist and leader of the music band "Royal Groovin'".
According to the suspended 1938 Constitution of Romania, Karl Friedrich is heir to the throne since 2017, upon the death of former King Michael. However, in a 2009 interview, he stated that he had no interest in the Romanian throne.
Marriage and children
- Alexander Friedrich Antonius Johannes, Hereditary Prince of Hohenzollern (b. 16 March 1987)
- Princess Philippa Marie Carolina Isabelle of Hohenzollern (b. 2 November 1988)
- Princess Flaminia Pia Eilika Stephanie of Hohenzollern (b. 9 January 1992)
- Princess Antonia Elisabeth Georgina Tatiana of Hohenzollern (b. 22 June 1995)
On 17 July 2010 Karl Friedrich married for the second time with Katharina Maria "Nina" de Zomer (born 1959).
The prince lives on his hunting estate Josefslust House, whereas the nearby hunting lodge is used by his brother Albrecht (born 1954) and the nearby Krauchenwies estate by his divorced wife, Princess Alexandra. Furthermore, he owns Umkirch Castle.
He has his offices at Sigmaringen Castle which is also open to the public and is used for family weddings and other ceremonial occasions.
Titles, styles and honours
- 20 April 1952 – 6 February 1965: His Serene Highness Prince Karl Friedrich of Hohenzollern
- 6 February 1965 – 16 September 2010: His Serene Highness The Hereditary Prince of Hohenzollern
- 16 September 2010 – present: His Royal Highness The Prince of Hohenzollern
- House of Hohenzollern: Co-Grand Master of the Princely House Order of Hohenzollern
- House of Hohenzollern: Grand Master of the Hohenzollern Decoration of Merit
- German Imperial and Royal Family: Knight of the Imperial and Royal Order of the Black Eagle
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XIX. "Haus Hohenzollern". C.A. Starke Verlag, 2011, pp. 32-33, 260. ISBN 978-3-7980-0849-6.
- ‹See Tfd›(in Romanian) "Karl Friedrich of Hohenzollern: „Radu Duda's Hohenzollern title is a farce“ Archived 12 June 2009 at the Wayback Machine, Cotidianul, 10 June 2009
- tumblr.com, Karl-Friedrich wearing the German Order of the Black Eagle and the Hohenzollern House order
- [dead link]
Karl Friedrich, Prince of Hohenzollern
Cadet branch of the House of HohenzollernBorn: 20 April 1952
Prince Friedrich Wilhelm
| Prince of Hohenzollern
16 September 2010 – present