|Born||1 February 1985|
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||62 kg (137 lb)|
|Updated on July 2012.|
Karine Sergerie (born February 1, 1985) is the 2007 world champion in women's lightweight (under 63 kg) taekwondo. She is Canada's first female world champion in the sport.
Sergerie was born in Sainte-Catherine, Quebec, Canada. Her father and coach, Rejean, introduced her to karate at age five. She competed in karate from 1992–1998. He continued to coach her when she took an interest in taekwondo after her older brother took up the sport. She is the six-time consecutive national champion (2002–2007).
Sergerie won a silver medal at the 2003 World Taekwondo Championships. Despite this accomplishment, she did not qualify for the 2004 Summer Olympics because of a "contradiction in the selection process". One set of requirements said she needed to win a gold at the Pan-American Games to qualify, while another one did not. Although she did win a bronze medal at the 2003 Pan-Am Games, the Taekwondo Federation of Canada ruled it was not enough.
Sergerie was part of the three member 2008 Canadian Olympic team at the Summer Olympic Games in Taekwondo along with Ivett Gonda and Sébastien Michaud, and also represented Canada in the 2012 Summer Olympic Games.
- 2009 Inducted Into the Official Taekwondo Hall of Fame
- Recipient of the 2005 National Championships Most Valuable Player Award.
- The 2005 Taekwondo Spirit award at the National Championships.
- 2006 Most Valuable Player at the Pan Am Championships.
- 2008 Athlete of the Year by Gala Sports-Québec.
- Kristina Rutherford (2008-07-12). "World champion finally gets her shot". CBC Sports. Archived from the original on August 18, 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-02.
- "Canada's Sergerie kicks to taekwondo silver". CBC. Archived from the original on August 25, 2008.
- "Canada Top of the World: Sergerie Makes Taekwondo History". Combat Canada.
- "2006 Commonwealth Taekwondo Championships Results". Full Contact Taekwondo. Archived from the original on 2011-07-22.
- Karine Sergerie 2008 Beijing Olympic Team Profile
- 2007 Pan American Games Hopefuls for team Canada in Taekwondo