Jarrett in 2014
|Birth name||Karen Smedley|
|Born||October 12, 1972|
Greensburg, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Residence||Hendersonville, Tennessee, U.S.|
(m. 1998; div. 2008)
Jeff Jarrett (m. 2010)
|Family||Jerry Jarrett (father-in-law)|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Karen Angle|
|Billed height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
Karen Jarrett (née Smedley and formerly Angle, born October 12, 1972) is an American professional wrestling valet and personality. She was formerly the Senior Vice President of the Impact Knockouts Division. She is the former wife of professional wrestler and Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle and the current wife of Impact and GFW founder and wrestler Jeff Jarrett.
- 1 Professional wrestling career
- 2 Personal life
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Professional wrestling career
World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment (2001, 2004)
Karen was never involved in a storyline of World Wrestling Entertainment while her then-husband Kurt Angle was under contract. She herself was never under contract, but did briefly appear at Unforgiven 2001 as a part of the big celebration with the Angle family following Kurt Angle's victory over Stone Cold Steve Austin for the WWF Championship. She also made an appearance on the WrestleMania XX DVD set in a bonus segment regarding Kurt Angle.
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (2007–2008)
Karen Angle was introduced in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) in the summer of 2007 when Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle were feuding for an all-at-once Triple Crown Championship (Kurt held the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, and Joe held the TNA X Division and TNA World Tag Team Championship). Karen was supposedly wanting to divorce Kurt, claiming that he was emotionally abusive toward both her and their children. At the Hard Justice pay-per-view, however, Karen betrayed Joe during his match with her husband, resulting in Kurt winning the Triple Crown (thus turning her heel). In the following weeks, her character began to develop into a manipulative vamp, such as when she claimed that Sting slapped her at No Surrender when, in fact, he had not. This led to Kurt and Sting losing the Tag Team titles to Team Pacman after Kurt executed the Olympic slam on Sting. Another feud then erupted between Kurt Angle and Sting in which Sting had Karen arrested for violating a restraining order and Kurt stalking Sting's son. At Genesis, Karen persuaded A.J. Styles and Tomko into helping Kurt retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship during the tag team match for the title. In late 2007, Karen began to have issues with Booker T's wife Sharmell, claiming there was only room for one "queen" in TNA (a direct reference to Booker T's and Sharmell's last WWE gimmick, where they were self-proclaimed royalty after Booker won the 2006 King of the Ring tournament). This led to a catfight at the December 12 TNA Impact! tapings. Karen suffered a broken foot after jumping from the apron after an in-ring segment. She did not miss any time as a result of TNA's taping schedule. On the February 14, 2008 episode of Impact!, Karen was scheduled to renew her wedding vows to Kurt, but in the storyline, she was pronounced married to A.J. Styles after the priest, who had just been knocked down by Kevin Nash, awoke and married the two, mistaking Styles for Kurt. Kurt then started to emotionally attack Karen for not ending the "marriage". Later in the year, she proposed to separate from Kurt Angle (kayfabe) which Kurt Angle supported to "concentrate on his upcoming match with Samoa Joe at Lockdown". Since then, hints of a relationship with A.J. were given, after Kurt continued to ignore Karen, even having her ejected from her ringside seat at Lockdown. On the May 22, 2008 episode of Impact!, Kurt Angle asked Karen to the ring to forgive him for not performing his "husbandly duties" and to ask her to come home. Karen then left a begging Kurt in the ring after he pleaded for a second chance. At the end of Impact!, Karen came to the ring to the aid of A.J. Styles who was being beaten four on one by Booker T, Team 3D, and Tomko. After being ejected, Karen ran to the back to enlist Kurt's aid, who came out with a chair. Kurt threatened the four with the chair, only to turn around and see his estranged wife hugging a bloody AJ. Kurt freaked and hit AJ with the chair, thus prompting the four back in the ring. Team 3D held Karen up while Kurt held AJ's head, yelling at Karen, telling her this was all her fault. Kurt is quoted as saying to Karen, "This is your fault! You deceived me!" On the May 29, 2008 edition of Impact! after being assaulted backstage before his entrance, A.J. ran to the ring to help Karen only to be beat down by Team 3D and Kurt Angle for the second week in a row. Christian Cage came to the ring to aid Styles but was viciously assaulted for his trouble as well. It was then announced that at the Slammiversary pay-per-view it would be A.J. Styles one-on-one with Kurt Angle. Karen then interfered helping A.J. Styles win his match against Kurt Angle at Slammiversary 2008, turning her face again. Shortly thereafter, Angle was given her own interview segment, Karen's Angle on iMPACT. Her first interview was Kaz on July 24, 2008. On the October 9, 2008 episode of Impact!, it was announced that Karen had to step down as the host of Karen's Angle to focus on her family. Her profile and Knockout photos were taken off TNA's official website, but were put back up a few days later.
Return to TNA (2011, 2015)
On January 10, 2011, TNA announced that Karen would be making her return to the promotion on the January 13 edition of Impact!, appearing beside her new husband Jeff Jarrett, who has recently been feuding with Kurt Angle. In her return appearance Karen confronted Angle just as he was about to attack Jeff, told him that she would not allow him to ruin their personal lives and promised to tell all about their divorce the following week. The following week Karen slapped Kurt, providing a distraction which allowed Jeff to beat him down. On February 13 at Against All Odds Jeff defeated Kurt in a singles match and as a result Angle was forced to walk Karen down the aisle, when she and Jarrett renewed their wedding vows on the March 3 edition of Impact!. On March 3 Angle proceeded to destroy the wedding set with an axe and forced wedding guest, New York Jet Bart Scott to tap out with the ankle lock. On May 15 at Sacrifice, Angle and Chyna, whom Angle had recently brought to the promotion to negate Karen, defeated the Jarretts in a mixed tag team match, after Karen submitted to Chyna. Due to a storyline injury, Karen missed the culmination of Jeff's and Angle's feud at Slammiversary IX and the following Impact Wrestling, which led to the defeated Jarrett leaving the company for a tour of Mexico. On June 18, Karen appeared beside her husband at Mexican promotion Lucha Libre AAA World Wide's (AAA) biggest event of the year, Triplemanía XIX, and provided a distraction, which led to Jeff defeating El Zorro for the AAA Mega Championship. On the September 1 edition of Impact Wrestling!, Eric Bischoff named Karen the new Commissioner of the Knockouts Division. On the October 20 edition of Impact Wrestling, Jarrett aligned herself with Gail Kim and Madison Rayne. On the December 15 edition of Impact Wrestling, TNA's authority figure, Sting, fired both Jarretts from TNA as a result of Jeff losing to Jeff Hardy at Final Resolution.
Four years later, Karen, alongside her husband Jeff returned to Impact Wrestling on the June 24, 2015 tapings. Jeff announced that he would be the first entrant in the King of the Mountain match at Slammiversary 2015. Karen turned heel on the August 26 episode of Impact Wrestling when she revealed that she orchestrated the attacks on TNA General Manager Bully Ray and Drew Galloway. A team of 5 wrestlers from GFW fought against a team of 5 from TNA in a Lethal Lockdown match to determine complete control of TNA. GFW was unsuccessful when Drew Galloway pinned Brian Myers, thus exiling GFW from TNA. 
Family Wrestling Entertainment (2013)
Global Force Wrestling (2015–2017)
She is the co-founder of Global Force Wrestling.
Second return to Impact Wrestling / Global Force Wrestling (2017)
On January 5, 2017 it was announced that Karen Jarrett had rejoined Impact Wrestling, now under the ownership of Anthem Sports & Entertainment, as Executive Consultant role running Impact Wrestling. Jarrett returned as a face on the March 23 episode of Impact Wrestling, and was welcomed back by Jeremy Borash, she soon was interrupted by Ethan Carter III and then Josh Mathews. When Mathews said he knew the Jarrets would be gone forever, Karen would slap him ending the show. On the March 30th episode of Impact Wrestling, Jarrett would call out so called leader of the knockouts Sienna and gave her 10 seconds to apologize for her treatment of Allie but was interrupted by a debuting KM, Sienna's cousin who publicly berated Jarrett for asking Sienna to apologize. Jarrett was rescued by Braxton Sutter, who knocked KM out of the ring. Jarrett made a match between KM and Sutter for later that night. Later on the same night, Jarrett handed Borash a piece of paper for him to announce a Knockouts battle royal to determine the new number 1 contender to Rosemary's Knockouts Championship. On the April 20th episode Impact Wrestling, Karen Jarrett announced that Impact Wrestling and Global Force Wrestling had merged.
Karen has two children with her former husband Kurt Angle; a daughter named Kyra Angle (born December 2, 2002) and son named Kody Angle (born October 26, 2006). In 2008, Karen filed for divorce, which was finalized on October 26, 2008.
In 2009, it was reported that Karen was romantically linked to TNA co-founder Jeff Jarrett. The relationship was said to have started while Kurt and Karen were separated. This resulted in TNA president Dixie Carter placing Jarrett on a leave of absence. The situation was revealed in July 2009 when a caller claiming to be a former TNA employee called the Bubba the Love Sponge Show. On April 6, 2010, Karen announced that she and Jarrett were engaged. Karen and Jarrett were married on August 21, 2010.
- "Karen Angle Bio at IMDb.com". Internet Movie Database.
- Martin, Adam (2010-09-02). "Top TNA star and ex-wife of TNA star get married". WrestleView. Retrieved 2010-09-02.
- "Impact 08-02-07 Results". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- "Hard Justice 2007 Results". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- Martin, Adam (2007-12-12). "TNA Knockout suffers broken foot at TV Tapings last night in Orlando, FL". WrestleView. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- "Big News On the Jarretts and Kurt Angle". Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. 2011-01-10. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- Keller, Wade (2011-01-13). "Keller's TNA Impact report 1/13: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of post-Genesis fallout on Spike TV". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-01-14.
- Wilkenfeld, Daniel (2011-01-20). "Wilkenfeld's TNA Impact alt. perspective report 1/20: Jarrett--Angle drama sinks the ship". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- Caldwell, James (2011-02-13). "Caldwell's TNA Against All Odds PPV results 2/13: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of live PPV - Anderson vs. Hardy, Genesis re-matches, fluid X Division situation". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-03-03.
- Caldwell, James (2011-03-03). "Caldwell's TNA Impact report 3/3: Ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of Impact on Spike TV - Hogan, wedding, 3/3/11 reveal, Tag Title match, retirement match, celebrities". Pro Wrestling Torch. Archived from the original on 2012-01-06. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- Caldwell, James (2011-05-15). "Caldwell's TNA Sacrifice PPV results 5/15: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of live PPV - Sting vs. RVD, four title matches, Chyna PPV return". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-05-15.
- Caldwell, James (2011-06-12). "Caldwell's TNA Slammiversary PPV results 6/12: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of live PPV - Sting vs. Anderson, Angle vs. Jarrett blow-off". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- Keller, Wade (2011-06-16). "Keller's TNA Impact report 6/16: Ongoing coverage of Slammiversary fallout on Spike TV". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- Cano Vela, Eduardo (2011-06-17). "Triplemania XIX (Cobertura y resultados 18 de Junio de 2011) – LA Park vs El Mesias Mascara vs Cabellera, TNA invade Triple A" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. Archived from the original on 2012-07-27. Retrieved 2011-06-19.
- Boutwell, Josh (2011-09-02). "Impact Wrestling Results - 9/1/11". WrestleView. Archived from the original on 2012-10-03. Retrieved 2011-09-02.
- Caldwell, James (2011-10-20). "Caldwell's TNA Impact Wrestling report 10/20: Complete "virtual-time" coverage Bound for Glory fall-out, TNA World Title match". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- Caldwell, James (2011-12-15). "Caldwell's TNA Impact Wrestling report 12/15: PPV fall-out, Jarrett firing, Hardy-Ray". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-12-15.
- Carapola, Stuart (June 24, 2015). "COMPLETE IMPACT WRESTLING REPORT: NEW X DIVISION CHAMPION, YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHO SHOWED UP, ANGLE'S MYSTERY OPPONENT IS REVEALED". PWInsider. Retrieved June 24, 2015.
- Carapola, Stuart (August 26, 2015). "COMPLETE IMPACT WRESTLING REPORT: CHRIS MELENDEZ PUTS HIS LEG ON THE LINE AGAINST ERIC YOUNG, A NEW MEMBER JOINS THE DOLLHOUSE, WHO IS PJ BLACK'S NEXT CHALLENGER?, DIXIE DECIDES WHETHER TO GIVE JEFF JARRETT CONTROL OF TNA, AND MORE". PWInsider. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
- Meltzer, Dave (2008-09-17). "Wed. update; Lesnar-Couture tickets; wrestling couple splitting; Foley TNA news, ratings notes". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- Martin, Adam (2008-10-26). "Divorce between Kurt and Karen Angle is now final". WrestleView. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- McNichol, Rob (July 21, 2009). "Jarrett in limbo after TNA row". The Sun. London.
- "Jeff Jarrett, Karen Angle story confirmed to be true". Wrestling-Online.com. 2009-07-22. Retrieved 2011-01-01.
- "New details on Jeff Jarrett's TNA status". Wrestleview.com. 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2011-01-01.
- "Latest on Jeff Jarrett and TNA". Wrestleview.com. 2009-08-02. Retrieved 2011-01-01.
- "TNA News: Transcript of the "Bubba the Love Sponge" phone call detailing Jeff Jarrett & Karen Angle living together". Pwtorch.com. 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2011-01-01.
- "Reports: Jeff Jarrett pulled from TV". Wrestleview.com. 2009-07-20. Retrieved 2011-01-01.
- Gerweck, Steve (2010-04-06). "Karen Angle engaged to top TNA star". WrestleView. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Karen Jarrett.|