Location of Kanda in Fukuoka Prefecture
|• Total||46.46 km2 (17.94 sq mi)|
(April 30, 2017)
|• Density||800/km2 (2,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+09:00 (JST)|
Kanda (苅田町, Kanda-machi) is a town located in Miyako District, Fukuoka Prefecture, on the Japanese home island of Kyushu, which is one of the four main islands. Kanda is a suburb of the city of Kitakyushu.
Nishinippon Institute of Technology is located in the town.
The town is located approximately 5 miles (8 kilometers) west of Kitakyūshū Airport, which is built on an artificial island. The airport serves several major cities in Japan and other eastern Asian countries. By road, the city is adjacent to the Higashi-Kyushu Expressway. By rail, the city is served by the Kanda Station.
The Kanda Float Festival is held annually in mid-September. The festival is famous for its 14 "fighting floats", and has been categorized as an "Intengible Folk Cultural Asset" by the Fukuoka prefecture.
- "Official website of Kanda Town" (in Japanese). Japan: Kanda Town. Retrieved 23 May 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2009-11-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Welcome to Kitakyushu airport official website". english.kitakyu-air.jp. Retrieved 2019-08-30.
- "Higashi-Kyushu Expressway Kanda Kitakyushu Airport IC Inbound Exit Details / Explore| Japan Travel by NAVITIME - Japan Travel Guides, Maps, Transit Search and Route Planner". japantravel.navitime.com. Retrieved 2019-08-30.
- "Nissan Kyushu Plant history". Archived from the original on 2015-07-23. Retrieved 2015-07-18.
- Japan, Kyushu Tourism Promotion Organization [. "KANDA FLOAT FESTIVAL｜EVENT INFORMATION｜Kyushu Tourism Information [ Japan ]". Kyushu Tourism Information [ Japan ] (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-08-30.
|This Fukuoka Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|