This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||आत्मान विद्धि (Sanskrit)|
Motto in English
|To know oneself|
|Type||Government engineering college, aided by the World Bank under TEQIP Programme|
|Principal||Dr. Sourav Kumar Das|
|Campus||75 acres (0.3 km2)|
|Affiliations||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology - MAKAUT|
Kalyani Government Engineering College (KGEC), in Kalyani, West Bengal, India offers undergraduate (B.Tech.) and postgraduate (M.Tech., M.C.A.) engineering degree courses affiliated to the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (MAKAUT, WB). The institution is regulated, operated and administered by the Government of West Bengal.  KGEC is ranked no 10 in all India rankings of Top 100 Engineering College in India in 2012. As per the survey conducted by The Telegraph, it is ranked 5th best engineering college in West Bengal which admits through WBJEE. But according to opening and closing ranks in WBJEE, it comes just after Jadavpur University. It has a strong faculty team with quality previous experience in reputed government technical institutions all over India.
The college also publishes an annual research journal, named, Reason - A Technical Journal, since 1999. In 2011, International Standard Serial Number (ISSN 2277-1654) was allotted to this journal. The journal articles are freely available as OPEN ACCESS in the website, www.i-scholar.in/index.php.RTJ www.i-scholar.in/index.php/RTJ.
Kalyani Government Engineering College is an engineering college within West Bengal and in India. The college was established in 1995 by the Government of West Bengal. The college is located within the University of Kalyani Campus, Kalyani Township, District Nadia, West Bengal. Kalyani is 53 km. from the Sealdah Railway station (Eastern Railways) of Kolkata and also connected through Kalyani Expressway. The nearest railway station to the College is Kalyani Ghoshpara railway station is about 2 km. away from the venue.
Affiliation and accreditations
- All India Council for Technical Education [AICTE]
- University Grants Commission (India) [UGC], Government of India
- Ministry of Human Resource Department, Government of India
- Ministry of Higher Education Dept., Govt. of West Bengal
KGEC offers four-year under-graduate degree courses in the following five disciplines:
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech in Information Technology
- M.C.A. - Master of Computer Applications
- M.Tech in Production Engineering
- M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- M.Tech in Information Technology
- M.Tech in Electrical Engineering
The undergraduate students (B.Tech.) of this college are admitted from the WB Joint Entrance Examination (WB-JEE)which is very competitive in nature. B.Tech. courses have a provision of 20% lateral entry at the second-year level from WB Joint Entrance Examination for Lateral Entry (JELET). Also there are additional 5% seats that are allocated for Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme of Govt. of West Bengal.
Similarly, the M.C.A. students are being admitted through the WB MCA Joint Entrance Examination (JECA).
The institute takes admission to M Tech courses by GATE examination and PGET exam conducted by WBUT.
The institute being a government one, has no management quota private admission facility for any of its courses.
The college has five boys hostels
- Raja Rammohan Roy Hall (New Hall)
- Vidyasagar Chhatrabas (VC)
- Acharya Prafulla Chandra Roy Hall (APC)
- Type IV Boys Hostel (M.Tech)
- Rishi Bankim Chandra Hall (RBC) 
and one girl's hostel
- Pritilata Chhatrinivas (PC)
Acharya Prafulla Chandra Roy Hall is reserved for first-year students. All the hostels except VC are located inside the college campus. There is accommodation for the MCA students, in Vidyasagar Chhatrabas (VC).
Student Union, KGEC
Students are united by the KGEC Students Union. Cultural activities include Blood Donation Camp, ESPEKTRO(Annual Techo-management Festival), Freshers' Welcome, GURUPRANAM(Teachers' Day celebration), Alumni Meet, REMINISCENCE(Farewell of final year students).
The Students' Union published their first annual Magazine, 'Bhor' in 2008. There is a library operated by the Students' Union. The Students' Union conducts the annual Inter-Department Tournament, (ALHAMBRA), which includes the annual cricket tournament, football tournament, badminton tournament. The Campus also boasts of about the full functional cultural clubs, i.e. RIYAZ (music club), CHITRANK (art club), ELYSIUM (dance club), LITMUS( literacy club) and SHUTTERBUG ( photography club).
Seminars, debates, quiz, workshops, and exhibitions are included in the activities of KGECSU. The Union has a Science Club, a Game Club, an Astronomy Club, and a Robotics Club.
There are 11 portfolios in the Union - President, Vice President, General Secretary, Assistant General Secretary, Cultural Secretary, Game Secretary, Magazine & Library Secretary, Cashier, Assistant Cashier, Office Secretary, and Auditors.
- "10 Top TECH Schools". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India. 11 June 2009. Retrieved 11 June 2009.
- "Homepage". Website of Kalyani Government Engineering College. Retrieved 28 November 2008.
- "Information About Affiliated Colleges". West Bengal University of Technology. Retrieved 8 July 2008.
- "Major activities of the [Higher Education] department". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 7 July 2008.
- "Faculty of EE department "https://www.kgec.edu.in/department/EE/
- "Faculty of ME department" https://www.kgec.edu.in/department/ME/
- "Faculty of ECE department" https://www.kgec.edu.in/department/ECE/
- "Faculty of CSE department" https://www.kgec.edu.in/department/CSE/
- "Faculty of IT department" https://www.kgec.edu.in/department/IT/
- "Faculty of MCA department "https://www.kgec.edu.in/department/CA/
- "Undergraduate student admission"https://www.kgec.edu.in/admission/ug/
- "MCA admission" https://www.kgec.edu.in/admission/ca/
- "Post- Graduate admission" https://www.kgec.edu.in/admission/pg/