Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Hardik Mehta|
|Produced by||Gauri Khan|
|Written by||Radhika Anand|
|Story by||Hardik Mehta|
|Music by||Rachita Arora|
|Edited by||Prashanth Ramachandran Jayalaxmi|
|Distributed by||Zee Studios|
|120 minutes |
Kaamyaab (transl. Successful, English title: Round Figure) is a 2018 Indian Hindi-language drama film directed and written by Hardik Mehta, and produced by Red Chillies Entertainment and Drishyam Films. The film stars Sanjay Mishra and Deepak Dobriyal with Isha Talwar, Nasirr Khan and Sarika Singh appearing in supporting roles. It is the story of a washed up “side-actor” of Hindi movies, who wants to make a comeback with a memorable role so that he can complete a record figure of acting in 500 films.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (November 2020)
Kaamyaab is the journey of Sudheer, a washed up side actor from the heyday of Bollywood. Years after his retirement, he realises that he ‘retired’ on the verge of accomplishing a unique record. He decides to come out of his retirement to complete the round figure of 500 and get that one substantial role for which he will be remembered forever.
- Sanjay Mishra as Sudheer
- Deepak Dobriyal as Gulati
- Isha Talwar as Isha
- Nasirr Khan as Director Barot
- Sarika Singh as Bhavna
- Avtar Gill as Himself
- Viju Khote as Himself
- Manmauji as Himself
- Guddi Maruti as Herself
- Anil Nagrath as Himself
- Birbal as Himself
- Lilliput as Himself
- Akashdeep Arora as Shibu Das
- Devika Vatsa as Casting Assistant
- Kaurwakee Vasistha as Anu
- Shehzad Khan as Himself
- Vikas Verma as Rahul Chopra
Marketing and Release
The official announcement for Har Kisse Ke Hisse... Kaamyaab was made by Red Chillies Entertainment on 31 January 2020. Presented by Red Chillies Entertainment, a Drishyam Films production, the film is produced by Gauri Khan, Manish Mundra and Gaurav Verma, and directed by Hardik Mehta.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||26 February 2020|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
The film's songs are composed by Rachita Arora, with lyrics written by Neeraj Pandey.
|1.||"Tim Tim Tim"||Bappi Lahiri||4:32|
|2.||"Paaon Bhaari"||Ash King||4:29|
Pallabi Dey Purkayastha of Times of India gave 4.5/5 rating and termed it as an 'ode to Bollywood'. She found the tonality of the narrative light, subtle, funny and emotional. Praising writer-director Hardik Mehta for his writing, and the ensemble cast for their performance she concluded that the film was about ability to fulfill dreams, even when the things are not going your way.
Although, the film was appreciated by critics and audiences alike, the movie was not able to earn at the box office due to clash with a commercial entertainer Baaghi 3 and shutting down of theaters because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- "Har Kisse Ke Hisse: Kaamyaab Movie Review: This one's for all the 'sidekicks' in Bollywood". Times of India. 6 March 2019. Retrieved 23 March 2020.
- "Shah Rukh Khan to back Sanjay Mishra-starrer Kaamyaab about struggling character actors: report". Hindustan Times. 31 January 2020. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- Taneja, Parina (31 January 2020). "Shah Rukh Khan to produce Sanjay Mishra starrer film about struggling character actors called Kaamyaab". www.indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- "Meet the Man Whose Debut Film Is Premiering at Busan Film Festival". The Quint. 29 September 2018. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- "Kaamyaab - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jio Saavn.
- "Har Kisse Ke Hisse: Kaamyaab Movie Review: This one's for all the 'sidekicks' in Bollywood". Times of India. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "10 new shows and movies on Netflix that are releasing in May 2020". GQ India. 4 May 2020.