This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering, K L University|
|Type||Deemed to be University|
|Chancellor||Dr. S.S. Mantha|
K L University (Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation, KLEF), is an educational institution (Deemed to be University) located in the Vaddeswaram Guntur District of Andhra Pradesh, India. It consists of 11 academic departments and six schools, with emphasis on scientific and technological research.
Established in 1985, the college is located on a 100-acre (40 ha) site adjacent to Buckingham Canal, and is about 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) from Vijayawada in Krishna District and 20 km from Guntur City. The institution is recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi, has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation, and is certified by ISO 9001 - 2015. The institution is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council with A++ grade on 2 November 2018 and min attendance 75% below this detained and 16000 for each subject.
- 1 History
- 2 Departments
- 3 Campus
- 4 Schools
- 5 College of Sciences and Humanities
- 6 Others
- 7 Academic research division
- 8 Student life
- 9 Academics
- 10 Student housing
- 11 Industry interaction
- 12 Accreditation
- 13 Rankings
- 14 References
The college was established in 1980 at Vaddeswaram by the late Sri Koneru Lakshmaiah and Sri K. Satyanarayana. Sri K. Lakshmaiah, who graduated from BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore, came up with the idea of establishing an engineering college to rectify the local scarcity of engineers.
One of the objectives of establishing the institute was to develop facilities of education in a variety of specialised engineering and technological sciences. Establishing adequate facilities for postgraduate studies and research was a focal point for the founding years. The institute has recorded 100% placements for the past Ten consecutive years.[when?] Affiliated to Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, the college was granted autonomy in 1996. It acquired the status of deemed university in 1999, and is now known as Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation.
It was named as a "Best Private University in South India" and there are nearly 1000+ research scholars so far in the university.
The college was started with four streams in 1980, but now offers nine programmes in the undergraduate courses and five programmes in post-graduate courses. KLEF was the first engineering college in Andhra Pradesh to start an Industrial and Production Engineering branch in undergraduate courses and to have an NBA accreditation for Biotechnology. It has a plinth area of 38,045 square metres (409,510 sq ft).
There are various programs offered by KL University..
K L Education Foundation's 100-acre (40 ha) campus is located 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) from Vijayawada and 20 km from Guntur City, on the banks of the Buckingham Canal of Krishna River. The developed area is approximately 1,200,000 square feet (110,000 m2).
The campus consists of an indoor stadium, with all indoor sports (Table tennis, Shuttle badminton) and all are housed in first floor. Separate ground for football not yet used, cricket and athletics, and separate courts for all types of games such as basketball, tennis and net ball. Separate Gym for boys & girls but not at all are used .
College of Engineering
- Bio - Technology (BT)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Electronics and Computer Engineering (ECM)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
College of Architecture
- Architecture (B.Arch)
- CE - STRUCTURAL
- CE - GIO INFO
- CE - ENERGY & ENVIRON
- CE - CONST TECH MGT
- CSE - ML & COMP
- CSE - DFCS
- ECE - VLSI
- ECE - R & C
- ECE - AS
- ECM - ES
- EEE - PE & D
- EEE - PS
- ME - THERMAL
- ME - ROBOTICS
- ME - MD
==KLEF Business School== have no independent administration
|BBA with MBA||5 years|
|MBA||2 years if there is no minimum attendance 85% (75%<cond>85%)(detained<75%=>16000 for each subject and separate one-month classes again internals and attendance considered for final exam)||
DEPARTMENT OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT
- 3 years B.Sc Degree in Hotel Management
DEPARTMENT OF FINE ARTS
- 3 year B.Sc Visual Communications
College of Sciences and Humanities
- College of Law
- College of Pharmacy
- Department of commerce
- Department of Computer Applications
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of English
Academic research division
- Ph.D. in Engineering include Bio-Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering, Electronics & Computer Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering
- M.Phil. or Ph.D. in Sciences, Management & Humanities, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Management, Commerce & English
The annual cultural festival, Surabhi, is held in February. It is a two-day event, featuring games, exhibitions, competitions and musical concerts AND encourage students by providing attandances but at the final totally 9 classes only added. SO the students are in condonation & detained list it is one of the revenue factor for the college.
The annual Science & Technology national level festival of K L Education Foundation, Samyak, is held in October every year and is one of the largest of its kind in Andhra Pradesh.
The faculty to student ratio is 1:15. Faculty of the college number 1180+, out of which 500+ are doctorates and more than 500+ are pursuing their PhD.
The Institute offers bridge courses to the students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds to make them competent to take up the courses on a par with other students. The Institute is recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by DSIR, Government of India for its research environment.
Separate hostel facilities are available for both male and female students.
Companies have established a "virtual industry" on campus which allow the students of the Institute to do the industry projects within the campus. Full-semester industrial training is mandatory for the students through Practice School.
This university was given deemed status under u/s 3 of UGC Act 1956 in the year 2009. The university has NAAC accreditation of A++ Grade with a CGPA of 3.57 out of 4, valid for a period of 5 years from 02-11-2018. It is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. It is an ISO 9001 - 2015 Certified Institution.
- AICTE recognized KLEF (Deemed to be University) as the most clean campus in South Central Region.
- UGC graded KLEF (Deemed to be University) as Category-(1) University under the Categorization of Universities for grant of Graded Autonomy, and has also recognized under section 12(B) of UGC Act 1956.
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2018)||83|
|NIRF (Universities) (2018)||56|
|Business/Management – India|
- MHRD - KLEF (Deemed to be University) achieved All India 2nd Rank under SWACCTHA Institute Rankings 2017 under Technical Institutions / Universities.
- KLEF (Deemed to be University) campus got 1st rank under Universities (Private) Category at A.P. Green Awards by Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- KLEF (Deemed to be University) got 1st Rank in Andhra Pradesh by Australian based Organization - UniRank-2018.
- In other hand no student friendly rules but friendly they relatives to administration or faculties ,politicians.
- "Schools". kluniversity.in. K L University. 2009. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Introduction to K L U". kluniversity.in. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- ":::Deemed University — University Grants Commission :::". ugc.ac.in. Archived from the original on 29 November 2010. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- "Prime Time Research Media Private Limited Rewards the Best Educational Institutions". i-Newswire. Retrieved 15 January 2014.
- "Departments of KL University". Collegesearch.in.
- "Clean Campus Award 2017". Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "KL University gets UGC Category-1 status". Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Universities)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.