|Broadcast area||Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri|
Jefferson City, Missouri
|Branding||101.9 The Wave|
|First air date||October 2, 2006|
|HAAT||161 meters (528 ft)|
|Owner||John and Donald Zimmer |
(Zimmer Radio of Mid-Missouri, Inc.)
|Sister stations||KCLR-FM, KTXY, KCMQ, KSSZ, KTGR, KTGR-FM, KFAL, KATI, KWOS|
KZWV (101.9 The Wave) is a radio station airing an Adult Contemporary format licensed to Eldon, Missouri, broadcasting on 101.9 MHz FM. The station serves the areas of Osage Beach, Missouri (as well as all the communities surrounding the Lake of the Ozarks) and Jefferson City, Missouri. KZWV's studio is located on Osage Beach Road in Osage Beach, with transmitting facilities just south of Eldon off of U.S. Route 54.
KZWV came to air on October 2, 2006. The permit was obtained by Randy Wright, the general manager of KMIZ-TV, doing business as Wright Communications, LLLP. 101.9 in Eldon had previously been occupied by KBMX, a soft adult contemporary station that closed in October 2001; its FCC license was revoked as a result of its owner being convicted on child molestation charges. Zimmer acquired KZWV in 2013 for $675,000. In 2014, 2015, and 2016, KZWV was voted "Best Radio Station at the Lake" for the third straight year by the readers of "Lake Lifestyles" magazine.
- KZWV fcc.gov. Retrieved November 11, 2012
- Willett, Justin (August 11, 2009). "Randy Wright leaves KMIZ". Columbia Daily Tribune. Retrieved August 1, 2019.
- "Zimmer expands Mid-Missouri cluster". RBR. April 8, 2013. Retrieved August 1, 2019.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KZWV
- Radio-Locator information on KZWV
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KZWV
|This article about a radio station in Missouri is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|