|Dean||Sunny Joseph ISC|
|Campus||spread over 12 acres (0.049 km2) in Kottayam Dist|
|Affiliations||Government of Kerala|
K. R. Narayanan National Institute of Visual Science and Arts (KRNNIVSA) is an autonomous institute established by the Government of Kerala at Thekkumthala in Kottayam District of Kerala state as a training-cum-research centre in film/audio-visual technology. The institute, named after K. R. Narayanan who was the President of India during 1992 - 1997, was inaugurated by Hamid Ansari, Vice President of India, on 11 January 2016. The Institute is managed by a Governing Council which has Chief Minister of Kerala as Chairman and Minister for Education, Kerala State, as Co-Chairman and twelve members. There is also an Academic Council consisting of people for the film and television industry.
The institute offers three-year full-time Diploma programmes in;
- Script Writing & direction,
- Animation and Visual Effects
- Shooting Floor
- Classroom Theatres
- The Boys & Girls Hostels
- DI suite with DaVinci Resolve Panel & Dolby reference monitor.
- Cinema of India
- Film and Television Institute of India
- Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute
- State Institute of Film and Television
- Government Film and Television Institute
- M.G.R. Government Film and Television Training Institute
- Jyoti Chitraban Film and Television Institute
- Biju Patnaik Film and Television Institute of Odisha
- Film School
- List of film schools
- Official website: http://www.krnnivsa.edu.in/
- Press Information Bureau. "Remarks by Vice President of India, Shri M. Hamid Ansari, at the inauguration of the KR Narayanan National Institute of Visual Sciences & Arts at Kottayam, Kerala". Government of India. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- Special Correspondent (12 January 2016). "Cinema an integral part of our cultural identity". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 January 2016.