Ellis in 2015
|No. 71 – Baltimore Ravens|
|Born:||December 27, 1990|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||350 lb (159 kg)|
|High school:||Neville (Monroe, Louisiana)|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 4 / Pick: 107|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 15, 2019|
Justin "Jelly" Jamaal Ellis (born December 27, 1990) is an American football nose tackle for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Louisiana Tech.
Ellis attended Neville High School in Monroe, Louisiana, where he was a two-time first team all-District 2-4A selection. He was named first team all-state by the LSWA as a senior, and was a two-time all-Northeast Louisiana selection by the Monroe News-Star. Ellis also lettered three years in track & field, competing in the shot put, where he finished third in the state as a junior, the javelin throw (top-throw of 47.2 meters) and the discus throw, where he captured the state title with a throw of 47.15 meters in 2009.
Ellis attended Louisiana Tech University from 2009 to 2013. He redshirted as a true freshman in 2009. In 2010, Ellis played in four games and recorded three tackles. In 2011, he was a second-team All-WAC selection after appearing in all 13 games, recording 20 tackles, 3.5 for loss, one sack and one fumble recovery. In 2012, he recorded 21 total tackles with two forced fumbles. In 2013, he recorded a career high 48 tackles, and set career bests In tackles for loss with 5.5, and sacks with 1.5, earning himself conference honorable mention honors.
2014 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in
|5.03 s||1.78 s||2.97 s||4.75 s||7.81 s||28 in
|7 ft 8 in
|40 time from Tech's Pro Day|
On March 9, 2018, Ellis signed a three-year $15 million contract extension with the Raiders.
On August 31, 2019, Ellis was placed on injured reserve. He was released on October 8.
- "Justin Ellis". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- McDonald, Jerry (May 10, 2014). "NFL draft: Raiders take defensive tackle Justin Ellis". Daily Democrat. Archived from the original on May 12, 2014. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- Isabella, Sean (May 10, 2014). "Former La. Tech and Neville standout Justin Ellis drafted by Raiders in fourth round". The News-Star. Archived from the original on May 11, 2014. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- Smith, Michael David (March 9, 2018). "Raiders retain starting defensive tackle Justin Ellis". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- "Raiders sign Hankins and McDonald; place Ellis on IR". Raiders.com. September 13, 2018.
- "Raiders Activate DT Justin Ellis - 12.1.18". Raiders.com. December 1, 2018.
- "Raiders announce transactions - 8.31.19". Raiders.com. August 31, 2019.
- Hensley, Jamison (November 12, 2019). "Ravens add veteran DT Domata Peko in series of moves". ESPN.com.