|Justice League United|
Cover of Justice League United #0
|Group publication information|
|First appearance||Justice League United #0 (April 2014)|
|Created by||Jeff Lemire|
|See: List of members|
|Justice League United|
|Series publication information|
|Publication date||April 2014 – December 2015|
|Number of issues||19 (0-16, plus a Futures End One-Shot, and 1 annual, as of December 2015 cover date)|
Justice League United or JLU, is a fictional superhero team that appears in comic books published by DC Comics. The team was created by Jeff Lemire and Mike McKone. First appearing in their eponymous series, Justice League United #0 (published in April 2014 and cover-dated June 2014), the team features Animal Man, Equinox, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Stargirl, Supergirl, Adam Strange and his partner Alanna Lewis. The team forms in the aftermath of "Forever Evil", following the disbandment of the United States Government-sanctioned Justice League of America.
In August 2013, it was announced that following "Forever Evil", writer Jeff Lemire and artist Mike McKone would be taking over Justice League of America, with the series being retitled Justice League Canada, as the series would be taking place in Canada. Adam Strange and a brand new character of Canadian origin would join the team.
However, in January 2014, it was announced that the Justice League of America would no longer be retitled, instead relaunching in April 2014 as Justice League United with a zero-issue. The team's Canadian addition was revealed to be Miiyahbin Marten, a 16-year-old Cree teen from Moose Factory, with the codename Equinox. Her powers stem from the Earth and change with the seasons.
In September 2015, DC announced that it will be canceling the series in December, with news outlets citing low sales as the most likely cause of cancellation.
- Adam Strange
- Alanna Strange
- Animal Man
- Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)
- Etrigan the Demon
- Green Arrow
- Hawkman (Katar Hol)
- Martian Manhunter
- Poison Ivy
- Sgt. Rock
- Swamp Thing (Alec Holland)
- Vandal Savage
- Mudhar, Raju (August 23, 2013). "DC Comics to launch Justice League Canada in 2014". Toronto Star. Archived from the original on August 25, 2013.
- Schedeen, Jesse (December 12, 2013). "Jeff Lemire's Animal Man Will End in March 2014". IGN. Retrieved December 27, 2013.
- Lemire, Jeff (January 16, 2014). "Justice League Canada becomes Justice League United A New Ongoing Series in April!". Jeff Lemire's Blog. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- "Exclusive - Equinox, new Cree teen superhero, joins DC Comics lineup". CBC News. March 28, 2014. Retrieved March 28, 2014.
- "DC Comics Cancelling 5 Titles As Of December". Retrieved 2015-09-14.