|President of the Royal Dutch Football Association|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Michael van Praag|
12 January 1965
|Alma mater||Vrije Universiteit|
|Occupation||Football administrator |
Background and career
Born in Haarlem, Netherland. After his Master Business Econometrics at the Vrije Universiteit (Free University of Amsterdam), Just Spee started working in business. Spee has worked as a manager at companies such as Procter & Gamble, Philips, Rothmans and Alvarez & Marsal. In 2012 Spee became CEO of Endemol, the biggest independent TV producer in the world. Hereafter, Spee became CEO at Stage Entertainment. Just Spee is a member of the Supervisory Boards of various companies and civil society organizations such as the OLVG hospital (Amsterdam) and UNICEF Netherlands. He also mentors for Future Female Leaders.
Career in football
Just Spee played football at the Royal Haarlem Football Club (Koninklijke HFC). Later he also became a member of the board of the Koninklijke HFC Spee also came into contact with football during his career in business because he was a member of the Supervisory Board of the Eredivisie Media & Marketing (EMM). At the end of May 2019, Just Spee was elected as President of the KNVB. In December 2019 he officially succeeded Michael van Praag.
At the 44th UEFA conference in Amsterdam, Spee stated that he sees football as connecting force. He also declared that traditional values in football are respected, but that the KNVB is open to new developments in football. Spee confirmed that, because of his background in the media and entertainment business, he wants to contribute to (the implementation of) new developments in this field of football. His speech clearly showed that the KNVB wants to play an active role in the international football field at UEFA.
- "KNVB President Just Spee | KNVB". www.knvb.com. Retrieved 2020-05-17.
- UEFA.com (2020-03-01). "Just Spee: 'Our ambition is to contribute to the development of our game' | Inside UEFA". UEFA.com. Retrieved 2020-05-17.
- "New KNVB President Just Spee takes office | KNVB". www.knvb.com. Retrieved 2020-05-29.
- "Just Spee named KNVB President | KNVB". www.knvb.com. Retrieved 2020-05-29.
- "BONDSVOORZITTER SPEE OP UEFA-CONGRES: 'ROL SPELEN BIJ NIEUWE ONTWIKKELINGEN'". KNVB. 3 March 2020. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (May 2020)
|This article about a person from the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|