Longchang Temple (隆昌寺)
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1,385 km2 (535 sq mi)|
|• Density||450/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
In 129 BC, the then Prince of Changsha Liu Fa's son, Dang became the Marquis of Jurong. As he died soon, the lands enfeoffed to him became Jurong county in the next year. Jurong was under the jurisdiction of Nanjing historically, but it was annexed to the Prefecture of Zhenjiang in 1950, then Zhenjiang in 1983. The county was converted into a county-level city in 1995.
In the present, Jurong City has 5 towns and 1 other.
- 5 towns
- 1 other
- Jurong Economic Development Zone (句容市经济开发区)
- Google (2014-07-02). "Jurong" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- 中国大百科全书（第二版） [Encyclopedia of China (2nd Edition)] (in Chinese). 12. Encyclopedia of China Publishing House. 2009. p. 238. ISBN 978-7-500-07958-3.
- "镇江市-行政区划网 www.xzqh.org" (in Chinese). XZQH. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- 7号线部分站点开工 S6沿线环境复杂. 金陵晚报 [Jinling Evening Post] (in Chinese).
- Jurong City English Guide (Jiangsu.NET)