|Alma mater||University of Ljubljana|
Alfred P. Sloan Fellowship 
|Thesis||Dynamics of Large Networks (2008)|
|Doctoral advisor||Christos Faloutsos|
In 2004, Leskovec received a Diploma in Computer Science from the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, researching semantic networks-based creation of abstracts, using machine learning; in 2008 he received a PhD in Computational and Statistical Learning from the Carnegie Mellon University.
Awards and honors
- Iriondo, Roberto. "404 Page Not found". Machine Learning - Carnegie Mellon University. Retrieved 11 March 2019.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-05-09. Retrieved 2016-03-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Jure Leskovec at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Introducing Pinterest Labs". Medium.com. 28 February 2017. Retrieved 11 March 2019.
- "Press release - The 2015 CRT Foundation - Lagrange Prize awarded to Panos Ipeirotis and Jure Leskovec". Isi.it. Retrieved 11 March 2019.