|Edited by||Warren Breckman, Martin J. Burke, Anthony Grafton, Ann E. Moyer|
University of Pennsylvania Press (United States)
|J. Hist. Ideas|
The Journal of the History of Ideas is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal covering intellectual history and the history of ideas, including the histories of philosophy, literature and the arts, natural and social sciences, religion, and political thought.
The journal was established in 1940 by Arthur Oncken Lovejoy and has been published by the University of Pennsylvania Press since 2006. In addition to the print version, current issues are available electronically through Project MUSE, and earlier ones through JSTOR. The editors-in-chief are Warren Breckman (University of Pennsylvania), Martin J. Burke (City University of New York), Anthony Grafton (Princeton University), and Ann E. Moyer (University of Pennsylvania).
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- America: History and Life
- Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature
- Arts and Humanities Citation Index
- Bibliography of the History of Art
- CSA Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
- Current Contents/Arts & Humanities
- Historical Abstracts
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- L'Année Philologique
- MLA International Bibliography
- Philosopher's Index
- RILM Abstracts of Music Literature
- Stieg, Margaret F. (1986). "Topical Specialization: The Zeitschrift für Sozial- und Wirtschaftsgeschichte, the Catholic Historical Review, and the Journal of the History of Ideas". The Origin and Development of Scholarly Historical Periodicals. Tuscaloosa: University Alabama Press. pp. 103–123. ISBN 0-8173-0273-5.