Bilicki at Atlanta Motor Speedway in 2019
|Born||Joshua M. Bilicki|
June 3, 1995
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
|NASCAR Cup Series career|
|32 races run over 4 years|
|Car no., team||No. 7 (Tommy Baldwin Racing)|
Nos. 27/53 (Rick Ware Racing)
No. 77 (Spire Motorsports)
|Best finish||58th (2019)|
|First race||2017 Toyota/Save Mart 350 (Sonoma)|
|Last race||2020 Hollywood Casino 400 (Kansas)|
|NASCAR Xfinity Series career|
|68 races run over 5 years|
|Car no., team||No. 99 (B. J. McLeod Motorsports)|
|Best finish||33rd (2018)|
|First race||2016 Road America 180 (Road America)|
|Last race||2020 Drive for the Cure 250 (Charlotte Roval)|
|NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series career|
|9 races run over 2 years|
|Truck no., team||No. 34/33/00 (Reaume Brothers Racing)|
|Best finish||90th (2019)|
|First race||2019 Digital Ally 250 (Kansas)|
|Last race||2020 SpeedyCash.com 400 (Texas)|
|Statistics current as of October 25, 2020.|
Joshua M. Bilicki (born June 3, 1995) is an American professional stock car racing driver from Richfield, Wisconsin. He currently competes in the NASCAR Cup Series for Rick Ware Racing, Tommy Baldwin Racing, and Spire Motorsports, and also competes part time in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, driving the No. 99 Toyota Supra for B. J. McLeod Motorsports.
Starting with kid-karts at age four, Bilicki quickly moved through the ranks and into the next classes. After several years in kid-karts and the Yamaha 100cc engine class, he moved to 80cc Shifter Karts. Bilicki showed his dominance quickly by winning many regional and national races, including the 2008 Road America SKUSA Super-Nationals, which brought competition from across the globe. Several times he even competed against and beat faster 125cc Shifter Karts. In 2011, Bilicki made the jump to 125cc Shifter Karts, and in 2012 Bilicki was recognized and brought on board the Andrew Chase Racing-PCR team, competing in the Midwest Shifter Kart Series in a brand new PCR Shifter Kart.
After racing Shifter Karts at a top level for nearly five years, Bilicki made the transition to sportscars at age fifteen in 2011, beginning with Spec Miata and the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA). Within his first year of sportscar racing, he proved himself once again by earning two pole positions, four top-five finishing positions, and three podiums. After earning his national racing license in 2012, Bilicki began racing the SCCA Majors Tour and has qualified for the famed SCCA National Championship Runoffs every attempt tried. 2012 also marked his debut in an Area Sportsman Stock Car at a local circle track, Jefferson Speedway.
After several successful years of racing Spec Miata nationally, 2015 marked Bilicki's first year of professional sportscar racing in the IMSA Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge. He also raced a Spec Miata in the SCCA U.S. Majors Tour.
Bilicki debuted in the Xfinity Series with Obaika Racing at Road America in 2016. In a blog post, he said that he got his ride by contacting teams that had "TBA" on the entry list the week of the race, and he got a call back from Obaika, offering him a spot. Unfortunately, a crash in qualifying and a dead battery during the race derailed his weekend at his home track, and he finished 38th. Bilicki returned to Obaika Racing, albeit this time in the No. 97, for the Ticket Galaxy 200, his first oval start since 2012. Starting last in the 40-car field, he avoided trouble and worked his way up to 28th position. He continued his stint with Obaika for the Ford EcoBoost 300, staying in the 97 car alongside Ryan Ellis in Obaika's other entry, the No. 77. Bilicki started 37th and finished 34th.
Bilicki returned to the No. 77 in 2017, along with other races planned with Obaika. In April, Bilicki announced he would make his Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series debut in June's Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway, driving the No. 51 for Rick Ware Racing. After starting 33rd, he finished 36th. Bilicki also drove an Xfinity Series race at Michigan International Speedway for MBM Motorsports, finishing 27th. He ran another race for Rick Ware Racing in Cup, but it was not the second road course race as planned. Instead, Bilicki made his Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series oval debut at New Hampshire. Later in the season, he signed a deal to run all three of the Xfinity road courses for B. J. McLeod Motorsports, running the organization's No. 8 entry. After pit road speeding penalties at Watkins Glen and a crash at Mid-Ohio, Bilicki ran down Elliott Sadler in the final green flag run to finish twelfth at his home track, Road America. He continued his relationship with McLeod a couple weeks later, driving the team's flagship No. 78 at Chicagoland Speedway.
On February 4, 2019, it was announced that Bilicki would join RSS Racing to pilot the team's No. 38 Chevrolet Camaro for the full 2019 NASCAR Xfinity Series season. In May, he made his NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series debut in the Digital Ally 250 at Kansas Speedway, driving the No. 34 for Reaume Brothers Racing. He also returned to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in June, driving for Rick Ware Racing at Michigan. Later in the month, he drove Ware's No. 53 at Chicagoland. Before the Kansas Lottery 300 in October, he announced he would drive for B. J. McLeod Motorsports for the remainder of the 2019 season.
On May 11, 2020, Bilicki and Tommy Baldwin Racing announced that they would partner for the 2020 Darlington 400. He also drove sporadically for B. J. McLeod Motorsports, and tied his career-high finish in the Xfinity Series with a 12th-place finish at the Daytona International Speedway road course.
Motorsports career results
SCCA National Championship Runoffs
|2012||Road America||Mazda Miata||Mazda||Spec Miata||16||20||Running|
|2013||Road America||Mazda Miata||Mazda||Spec Miata||34||39||Running|
|2015||Daytona||Mazda Miata||Mazda||Spec Miata||55||43||Running|
(key) (Bold – Pole position awarded by qualifying time. Italics – Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. * – Most laps led.)
Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series
|NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series results|
|2019||Reaume Brothers Racing||34||Chevy||DAY||ATL||LVS||MAR||TEX||DOV||KAN
* Season still in progress
1 Ineligible for series points
- Josh Bilicki gets his break as a full-time NASCAR Xfinity Series driver Retrieved 2018-11-04.
- "Slinger High School graduate Josh Bilicki races with the nation's best". FOX6Now.com. 2013-07-29. Retrieved 2016-09-14.
- "10 Questions with Josh Bilicki – SCCA US Majors driver". 2014-08-06. Retrieved 2016-09-14.
- "Behind the Wheel – Josh Bilicki Blogs About His Xfinity Series Debuet". 2016-09-01. Retrieved 2016-09-14.
- "Josh Bilicki 2016 NASCAR Xfinity Series Results - Racing-Reference.info". racing-reference.info. Retrieved 2016-09-14.
- "NASCAR Xfinity: Josh Bilicki makes series oval debut at Phoenix | Maximum Sports Channels". Maximum Sports Channels. 2016-11-12. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "Drivers announced for Obaika Racing in NASCAR XFINITY Series Race at Homestead-Miami Speedway". Catchfence. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- "Kallmann: With debut set, Ty Majeski's NASCAR plans taking shape". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Josh Bilicki joins Rick Ware Racing Cup program for Sonoma, Watkins Glen". Josh Bilicki. April 14, 2017. Retrieved April 14, 2017.
- "2017 Toyota / Save Mart 350". Racing-Reference. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- "The Podium Finish: Josh Bilicki Strives NASCAR Career". The Podium Finish. 2017-06-17. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- "Driver Josh Bilicki 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Results - Racing-Reference.info". racing-reference.info. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- Bioscience, Quincy. "Prevagen To Sponsor Josh Bilicki And B.J. McLeod Motorsports For NASCAR XFINITY Series Road Courses". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- "Clements wins 1st career NASCAR race at Road America". www.gmtoday.com. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- "Prevagen Extends Josh Bilicki Sponsorship; Celebrates Ten Years of Prevagen at NASCAR Chicagoland 300". Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- "Josh Bilicki joins JP Motorsports". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
- Catanzareti, Zach. "Josh Bilicki Ready For Step Up With RSS Racing". Kickin The Tires. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Bilicki to make NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series debut at Kansas". Josh Bilicki Racing. May 8, 2019. Retrieved May 8, 2019.
- Nguyen, Justin. "Josh Bilicki, Kyle Weatherman join Rick Ware for Michigan double duty". The Checkered Flag. Retrieved June 12, 2019.
- "Bilicki set for triple duty at Chicagoland". Josh Bilicki Racing. June 28, 2019. Retrieved June 28, 2019.
- "Bilicki partners with Furniture Mall of Kansas and joins BJ McLeod Motorsports for remainder of 2019 NASCAR Xfinity Season". Josh Bilicki Racing. October 16, 2019. Retrieved October 16, 2019.
- Gillispie, Zach (May 11, 2020). "Tommy Baldwin Racing, Josh Bilicki Team Up for Darlington". Frontstretch. Retrieved May 12, 2020.
- Catanzareti, Zach (August 16, 2020). "Josh Bilicki Ties Best Xfinity Finish at Daytona Road Course". Kickin The Tires. Retrieved September 10, 2020.
- "Session". www.race-monitor.com. Retrieved November 3, 2019.
- "Josh Bilicki – 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- "Josh Bilicki – 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- "Josh Bilicki – 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- "Josh Bilicki – 2020 NASCAR Cup Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved October 18, 2020.
- "Josh Bilicki – 2016 NASCAR Xfinity Series Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- "Josh Bilicki – 2017 NASCAR Xfinity Series Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- "Josh Bilicki – 2018 NASCAR Xfinity Series Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- "Josh Bilicki – 2019 NASCAR Xfinity Series Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- "Josh Bilicki ��� 2020 NASCAR Xfinity Series Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved October 10, 2020.
- "Josh Bilicki – 2019 NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved February 18, 2020.
- "Josh Bilicki – 2020 NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series Results". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media, LLC. Retrieved October 25, 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Josh Bilicki.|
- Josh Bilicki driver statistics at Racing-Reference