|Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat|
|Directed by||David Mallet|
|Produced by||Andrew Lloyd Webber|
|Written by||Tim Rice|
|Screenplay by||Michael Walsh|
|Music by||Tim Rice (lyrics)|
Andrew Lloyd Webber (music)
|Cinematography||Nicholas D. Knowland|
|Distributed by||PolyGram Video|
The plot of the film follows the same story of Joseph's life as the West End musical. The only change is the addition of a very brief framing device in which the actors begin the film as "teachers" in a school where the "students" become the children's chorus of the musical.
- Donny Osmond as Joseph
- Maria Friedman as Narrator
- Richard Attenborough as Jacob
- Robert Torti as Pharaoh
- Ian McNeice as Potiphar
- Joan Collins as Mrs. Potiphar
- Christopher Biggins as The Baker
- Alex Jennings as The Butler
- Nicolas Colicos as Reuben
- Jeff Blumenkrantz as Simeon
- David J. Higgins as Levi
- Shaun Henson as Naphtali
- Patrick Clancy as Issachar
- Martin Callaghan as Asher
- Sebastien Torkia as Dan
- Michael Small as Zebulun
- Peter Challis as Gad
- Nick Holmes as Benjamin
- Gerry McIntyre as Judah
- Amanda Courtney-Davies as Apache Dancer
1. "Prologue" - Narrator
2. "Any Dream Will Do" - Joseph, Children
4. "Joseph's Dreams" - Joseph, Narrator, Brothers, Female Ensemble
5. "Poor, Poor Joseph" - Narrator, Brothers, Female Ensemble, Children
6. "One More Angel in Heaven" - Reuben, Jacob, Reuben's Wife, Brothers, Wives
8. "Close Every Door" - Joseph, Ensemble Children
9. "Go, Go, Go Joseph" - Joseph, Narrator, Butler, Baker, Ensemble, Children
10. "Pharaoh Story" - Narrator, Ensemble, Children
11. "Poor, Poor Pharaoh" - Joseph, Narrator, Pharaoh, Butler, Ensemble
12. "Song of the King" - Pharaoh, Ensemble, Children
13. "Pharaoh's Dreams Explained" - Joseph, Ensemble, Children
14. "Stone the Crows" - Joseph, Narrator, Pharaoh, Female Ensemble
15. "Those Canaan Days" - Simeon, Jacob, Brothers
16. "The Brothers Come To Egypt/Grovel, Grovel" - Joseph, Narrator, Brothers, Female Ensemble, Children
17. "Who's the Thief?" - Joseph, Narrator, Brothers, Female Ensemble
18. "Benjamin Calypso" - Judah, Brothers (but Benjamin), Female Ensemble
19. "Joseph All the Time" - Joseph, Narrator, Female Ensemble, Children
20. "Jacob in Egypt" - Ensemble
21. "Any Dream Will Do (Reprise)/Give Me My Coloured Coat" - Joseph, Narrator, Ensemble, Children
22. "Joseph Megamix" - Full Company
The film was originally shot as a feature film, but ended up being released directly to video. The film was shot in the beginning months of 1999 at Pinewood Studios in London. The release of the film was advertised by a brief series of sing-along performances that Osmond starred in as a Fathom Event. The film was released by PolyGram. In the United States, the film was shown as an episode of PBS' Great Performances.
Reviews of the film were generally positive." The film has been described by PBS as being a "lively interpretation." Michael Dequina, online film critic for "TheMovieReport.com", described the film as a "sweet, candy-colored confection for the entire family."
- "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (1999)". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "Donny Osmond and 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' coming to movie theaters (video)". M Live. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Lloyd Webber catalog repackaged for video". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Introduction". PBS. Retrieved 2013-10-30.
- "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". TheMovieReport. Retrieved 2013-11-10.