BAgr, AEA, AAPB, FRSA
|Born||27th July 1936|
|Died||25th September 2020, aged 84|
|Known for||Founder member of the European Academy of Arts|
|Style||Impressionist with surrealist influences|
|Awards||Lifetime Achievement Award |
2014 Fine Art Trade Guild
Jorge Aguilar-Agon was born in Barcelona in 1936, at the start of the Spanish Civil War. After attaining a university degree in agriculture, he left Spain for Europe and mixed with the Bohemian circles of the Schwabinger Kunstkreis in Munich and Montmartre and St Germain des Pres in Paris.
His first exhibition was held at the Medici Society in London. He has since had 8 world tours and over 182 individual exhibitions. His paintings are now represented in private collections and museums all over the world and citations appear in several notable reference journals.
He works from studios in France, Spain and England.
He speaks seven languages fluently and is a regular contributor to radio and television art programmes.
Aguilar-Agon's style is romantic impressionist. He describes being influenced initially by the Catalan Impressionist and European Surrealist movements, and subsequently by Parisian and German Bohemian societies.
Awards and recognition
Jorge Aguilar-Agon holds the following appointments:
- Life Fellowship of the Royal Society of Arts (since 1980)
- Director of the Fine Art Trade Guild
- Chevalier Ancient Order of the Academie Europeanne des Arts (Paris)
In 2014 Jorge Aguilar-Agon was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award and given an honorary membership of the Fine Art Trade Guild in recognition of his long service to the Guild and his lifelong career as a professional artist.
Aguilar-Agon is a member of the following institutions:
- European Academy of Arts
- Royal Association of Belgian Artists
- Society and Council of European Art and of Aesthetics
- Spanish Association of Artists, Painters and Sculptors
- New Zealand Academy of Fine Arts
- "Jorge Aguilar-Agon". www.courtenaysfineart.com. Courtenay's Fine Art. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- Aguilar-Agon, Jorge. "Mr". www.jorgeaguilar-agon.com. Jorge Aguilar-Agon. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Jorge Aguilar-Agon". www.yorkfinearts.co.uk. York Fine Arts. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- "Directory - Jorge Aguilar-Agon". www.fineart.co.uk. Fine Art Trade Guild. Retrieved 18 March 2015.
- Aguilar-Agon, Jorge. "Titles And Distinctions". www.jorgeaguilar-agon.com. Jorge Aguilar-Agon. Retrieved 18 March 2015.