May 15, 1990|
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||187 lb (85 kg; 13 st 5 lb)|
HC '05 Banská Bystrica|
104th overall, 2008|
Jordon Southorn (born May 15, 1990) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman. He is currently playing with HC '05 Banská Bystrica in the Slovak Extraliga (Slovak). He was selected by the Buffalo Sabres in the fourth round (104th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Southorn played four seasons (2006–2010) of major junior hockey in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with the Prince Edward Island Rocket. Unsigned from the Sabres, on September 4, 2012, the Elmira Jackals of the ECHL signed Southorn for the 2012–13 season.
Having played a single game on loan with the Pirates in the season prior, on July 31, 2014, Southorn signed a one-year AHL contract with the Portland Pirates. In the 2014–15 season, Southorn was limited by injury an appeared in 26 games with the Pirates for 9 points. He was loaned to ECHL affiliate, the Gwinnett Gladiators on two occasions, totalling 9 points in just 8 games.
On August 5, 2015, unable to secure an AHL contract, Southorn returned on a one-year deal for a second stint with the Fort Wayne Komets of the ECHL.
In the following off-season, Southorn left for abroad as a free agent, signing a one-year deal with Russian second division club, Torpedo Ust-Kamenogorsk of the VHL on August 12, 2016. He made his Kontinental Hockey League debut in the following 2017-18 season, with parent affiliate Barys Astana making 23 appearances for four assists.
On July 24, 2018, Southorn left Kazakhstan after two seasons and agreed to an initial try-out contract with German club, the Straubing Tigers of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL). Following his release from Straubing, Southorn opted to return to North America and the ECHL, securing a one-year contract with the Florida Everblades on September 28, 2018. In the 2018–19 season, Southorn collected 17 points in 21 games before leaving the club to accept a European contract with HC '05 Banská Bystrica of the Slovak Extraliga on December 10, 2018.
|2013–14||Fort Wayne Komets||ECHL||53||12||20||32||40||11||2||3||5||24|
|2015–16||Fort Wayne Komets||ECHL||62||9||30||39||41||16||0||13||13||23|
- "Jackals agree to terms with Southorn". Elmira Jackals. September 4, 2012. Archived from the original on October 26, 2013. Retrieved September 4, 2012.
- "Pirates sign Oberg, Southorn". Portland Pirates. July 31, 2014. Archived from the original on August 10, 2014. Retrieved July 31, 2014.
- "Southorn returns to Komet blueline". Fort Wayne Komets. August 5, 2015. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- "Jordan Southorn signs for one-year" (in Russian). Torpedo Ust-Kamenogorsk. August 12, 2016. Retrieved August 12, 2016.
- "Tryout contract for defenseman Jordon Southorn" (in German). Straubing Tigers. July 24, 2018. Retrieved July 24, 2018.
- "Everblades agree to terms with Jordon Southorn". Florida Everblades. September 28, 2018. Retrieved September 29, 2018.