In early 2010, it was announced that Hollyoaks series producer Allan had stepped down from the position of executive producer of Hollyoaks and that Paul Marquess had taken over the role. It was soon revealed that Marquess planned to give Hollyoaks a "shake up", changing the productions team and beginning a cast cull by axing established characters. As part of Marquess reinvention he decided to replace the departing character with new ones, and he created the main character of Bart McQueen and cast Jonny Clarke in the role, as part of the "2010 shake-up". First seen on Hollyoaks in August 2010, In September 2011 he was nominated for best Serial Drama Performance in the National Television Awards for his part as "Bart McQueen" in Hollyoaks.
In 2013, he was part of the Hollyoaks cast that received a British Soap Award for most spectacular scene.
In November 2013 it was announced that he was to play the part of "Tipper" in the 2014 UK tour of the highly acclaimed WW1 drama play "Birdsong" based on Sebastian Faulks' book of the same name.
|2010||House of Anubis||Lad||TV |
|2010-2013, 2017||Hollyoaks||Bart McQueen||series regular|
|2010||Hollyoaks Later||Bart McQueen||TV |
|2011||Hollyoaks: A Little Film About Love by Jason Costello||Bart McQueen||TV |
|2012||Hollyoaks Later||Bart McQueen||TV |
|2015||Darkland: Ben Drowned||Steve||Feature Film |
- "Jonny Clarke". Urbantalent. (UTA Management Ltd). 2010. Archived from the original on 29 August 2011. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- Green, Kris (15 January 2010). "'Hollyoaks' producer Allan quits soap". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- Green, Kris (11 February 2010). "New 'Hollyoaks' boss shakes up production". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- Green, Kris (8 March 2010). "'Hollyoaks' producer axes 11 more". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (10 February 2017). "Hollyoaks star Jonny Clarke reveals gossip about Bart McQueen's return: 'He only cares about his next hit'". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Jonny Clarke". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- "Bart McQueen (played by Jonny Clarke)". E4. (Channel 4 Television Corporation). August 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2010.