|New York Yankees – No. 43|
|Born: November 2, 1994|
|June 15, 2018, for the New York Yankees|
|MLB statistics |
(through May 8, 2019)
|Earned run average||4.89|
Loáisiga signed with the San Francisco Giants as an international free agent in September 2012. He made his professional debut in 2013 with the DSL Giants and spent the whole season there, posting an 8–1 win–loss record with a 2.75 earned run average (ERA) and 1.11 WHIP in 13 games started. He did not pitch in 2014 and 2015 due to injuries, and the Giants released him in May 2015. He signed with the New York Yankees in February 2016. He began the season with the Charleston RiverDogs, and after pitching one game, he suffered an injury which required Tommy John Surgery. The Yankees added him to their 40-man roster after the season. He returned in 2017 and pitched for both the GCL Yankees and Staten Island Yankees, pitching to a combined 1–1 record and 1.38 ERA in 11 starts.
Loáisiga began the 2018 season with the Tampa Yankees of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League, and earned a promotion to the Trenton Thunder of the Class AA Eastern League after starting the season with 3–0 record with 1.35 ERA over four starts. In Trenton, he made six starts, compiling a 4.32 ERA, however impressed by striking out 32 batters in 25 innings of work. After Yankees starter Masahiro Tanaka was injured, Loáisiga was called up to the majors, skipping the Class AAA level. He made his major league debut on June 15, 2018, during which he pitched five scoreless innings, and earned the win. He made four starts for the Yankees, pitching to a 3.00 ERA, and was optioned to the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders of the Class AAA International League on July 2. He was recalled to the Yankees on September 2 after roster expansion.
- Kuty, Brendan. "How a frantic 1 a.m. phone call made Jonathan Loaisiga a Yankee". NJ.com.
- "Jonathan Loáisiga ha crecido enormemente como prospecto de los Yanquis". Laprensa.com.ni. November 14, 2017. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- "¡98 razones para brillar! La resurrección de Jonathan Loáisiga tras la operación Tommy John". Laprensa.com.ni. January 1, 1970. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- King, George A. (November 20, 2017). "Yankees scramble to keep top-rated farm system together | New York Post". Nypost.com. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- "Jonathan Loaisiga Stats, Highlights, Bio – MiLB.com Stats – The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- Johnson, Greg. "Thunder's Jonathan Loaisiga had 'potential' to make Yankees debut before schedule change". The Trentonian.
- Kuty, Brendan. "Yankees' Jonathan Loaisiga debuts Thursday: What you need to know, scouting report". NJ.com.
- "Jonathan Loaisiga Makes a Yankees Debut to Remember". New York Times. Retrieved June 15, 2018.