Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Siwa in September 2018
Joelle Joanie Siwa
May 19, 2003
Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Relatives||Jayden Siwa (brother)|
Joelle Joanie "JoJo" Siwa (born May 19, 2003) is an American dancer, singer, actress, and YouTube personality. She is known for appearing for two seasons on Dance Moms along with her mother, Jessalynn Siwa, and for her singles "Boomerang" and "Kid in a Candy Store". Siwa posts daily videos of her day-to-day life on her YouTube channels, "JoJo Siwa TV" and "It's JoJo Siwa". Her fans are called Siwanatorz.
Early life and career
Joelle Joanie Siwa was born in Omaha, Nebraska on May 19, 2003 to Jessalynn Siwa (nee Lombardi), a professional dance instructor from Iowa, and Dr. Tom Siwa, a chiropractor from Nebraska.  She has one sibling, an older brother named Jayden Siwa who is also a vlogger.
Siwa was a top-5 finalist on the second season of the series Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition and the youngest contestant on season 2. She appeared on the show with her mother and was eliminated in week 9.
Siwa began auditioning for Abby Lee Miller's ALDC dance competition team in 2014 and was selected for the team in early 2015. At the same time, she began to appear on the Lifetime reality show Dance Moms, which follows the ALDC team.
In May 2016, Siwa released "Boomerang" for digital download and a previous single, "I Can Make U Dance". "Boomerang" addresses the subject of online bullying. Its video has been viewed more than 450 million times and received over 2.5 million likes. In 2018, Siwa was named the Breakout Artist of the Year by Vivid Seats.
In 2018, Siwa announced that she would be going on her first major concert tour in 2019, entitled D.R.E.A.M. The Tour. It is scheduled to visit a mixture of theaters, outdoor amphitheaters and stadiums, as well as indoor arenas in a total of 52 cities across the United States and Canada. Additionally, other performances will take place in the United Kingdom and Australia. The tour is scheduled to begin in Phoenix, Arizona on May 17. The first leg of the tour is scheduled to conclude on June 26 in Austin, Texas, before resuming for leg 2 on July 10 in Orlando, Florida. The final date of the second leg is scheduled to be on August 20 in Vancouver, Canada.
Known to audiences for wearing large, colorful bows in her hair, Siwa released a line of bows in 2016: JoJo's Bows, to be sold at Claire's, a fashion-accessory company aimed at 6-to-12-year-old girls. Her bows found a strong following among primary-school pupils in the United Kingdom and were ultimately subject to bans as teachers discovered that students unable to afford the bows, which retail for approximately £8 to £12 each, were bullied by their peers. Other reasons these schools gave for the bans was they were a distraction, harmed students' concentration, and violated the schools' dress code policies. Due to the bows' price and popularity, some stores began selling similar, homemade bows. In 2017 Siwa, whose bows are heavily featured in her music videos and general wardrobe, said they are a "symbol of power, confidence, believing-ness."
Siwa subsequently partnered with the American department store J. C. Penney to release a line of accessories, bedroom decor, and a doll made in her likeness, and has released several books aimed at young children.
- 2017: JoJo's Guide to the Sweet Life: #PeaceOutHaterz
- 2018: Things I Love: A Fill-In Friendship Book
- 2018: JoJo Loves BowBow: A Day in the Life of the World?s Cutest Canine
- 2018: JoJo's Guide to Making Your Own Fun: #DoItYourself
- 2018: Take the Stage (JoJo and BowBow Book #1) 
- 2019: Candy Kisses (JoJo and BowBow Book #2)
- 2019: The Posh Puppy Pageant (JoJo and BowBow Book #3)
|2013||Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition||Contestant, 10 episodes|
|2015||The View||Performed in group dance "Together We Stand"|
|Good Day L.A.||Guest|
|Good Day New York||Guest|
|2015–16||Dance Moms||Season 5–6|
|2016||Nickelodeon's Ultimate Halloween Costume Party||Ghost/Creepy Girl|
|Make It Pop||Guest|
|The Thundermans||Guest; episode: "Thundermans: Banished!" (Nora's Fan)|
|2017||Nickelodeon's Not-So-Valentine Special||Girl with Heart / Dancer|
|Nickelodeon's Ultimate Halloween Haunted House||Herself|
|Lip Sync Battle Shorties||Herself|
|School of Rock||Audrey|
|JoJo Siwa: My World||Herself|
|2018||The JoJo and BowBow Show Show||Herself, Web Series|
|2019||JoJo's Dream Birthday||Herself|
|SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout||Cameo|
|All That||Season 11, Herself, guest|
|JoJo's Follow Your D.R.E.A.M||Herself|
|Keeping Up with the Karadashians||Season 17, Episode: “Three’s Company”|
|2019||The Angry Birds Movie 2||Jay|
|D.R.E.A.M. The Music|
|"Kid in a Candy Store"||2017|
|"Hold the Drama"|
|"Every Girl's a Super Girl"||2018|
|"High Top Shoes"|
|"Only Getting Better"||D.R.E.A.M. The Music|
|"It's Time to Celebrate"|
Awards and nominations
person or work
|2015||Industry Dance Awards||Dancers Choice Awards
Favorite Dancer 17 & Under
|Reality Television Awards||Most Heartfelt Moment||Dance Moms||Won|
|2017||Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite Viral Music Artist||JoJo Siwa||Won|
|2018||Favorite Musical YouTube Creator||Won|
|2019||Favorite TV Host||Nick Cannon & JoJo Siwa (Lip Sync Battle Shorties)||Nominated|
|Favorite Social Music Star||JoJo Siwa||Won|
- Frederick, Brittany (December 7, 2018). "5 things you didn't know about JoJo Siwa". AXS. Retrieved October 19, 2019.
- Nguyen, Terry (July 22, 2019). "If you're 7 years old, JoJo Siwa is the most famous person in the world". The Washington Post. Retrieved October 19, 2019.
- Bentley, David (2017-07-26). "This is what happened when JoJo Bows star came to Birmingham". birminghammail. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- ""back pain, neck pain", carpal tunnel, sciatica, disc herniation". "back pain, neck pain", carpal tunnel, sciatica, disc herniation. Retrieved April 16, 2018.
- Nevans-Pederson, Mary (October 15, 2013). "Mother, daughter step into spotlight". Telegraph Herald. Retrieved April 16, 2018.
- Its JoJo Siwa (September 13, 2017). "YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS TO BELIEVE THIS!!!". Retrieved April 16, 2018.
- Siwa, JoJo. "Meet JoJo" Archived 2016-10-11 at the Wayback Machine, ItsJoJoSiwa.com, accessed July 19, 2016
- "Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition Divas in the House: JoJo Eliminated", November 6, 2013, July 19, 2016
- Schumann, Rebecka (January 14, 2015). "Who Is JoJo Siwa? Meet The Newest 'Dance Moms' Season 5 Star". International Business Times. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- Angermiller, Michele Amabile (May 5, 2016). "'Dance Moms' Star JoJo Siwa Takes on Bullying in 'Boomerang': Exclusive First Listen". Billboard. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- "'Dance Moms' Season 6 Spoilers, News & Update: JoJo Siwa Kicked Out From ALDC? Debbie Allen To Replace Abbie Miller?". Gamenguide. October 26, 2016. Retrieved August 27, 2017.
- JoJo Siwa Confronts Bullying In New Single "Boomerang". Bsckids.com (May 10, 2016). Retrieved on 2016-11-27.
- "2018 Year In Review: The Year in Live Events". Vivid Seats. 2018-12-18. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- Desk, TV News. "Nickelodeon's 'JoJo Siwa D.R.E.A.M. The Tour' Adds 17 New Dates". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- Horton, Helena (2017-03-06). "Parents angered as 'Jojo Bows' banned in schools across the country". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-04-17.
- Palmer, Kate (March 2, 2017). "Why schools are banning 'JoJo bows'". BBC News. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- "JoJo Siwa inspires a new clothing line by JCPenney". www.christiantoday.com. Retrieved 2018-04-09.
- "The Wisdom of JoJo Siwa, the 14-Year-Old Megastar You Didn't Know Was a Megastar". KQED. October 16, 2017. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- Food and Drug Administration [@US_FDA] (June 6, 2019). "FDA Safety Alert" (Tweet). Retrieved June 15, 2019 – via Twitter.
- Haller, Sonja (June 9, 2019). "Claire's recalls JoJo Siwa's makeup kit for tweens after finding asbestos in it". USA Today. Retrieved June 15, 2019.
- "You searched for jojo siwa - ABRAMS - The Art of Books Since 1949". ABRAMS - The Art of Books Since 1949. Retrieved October 7, 2018.
- Dance Moms "Together We Stand" On The View For Alexa Bolton Who's Battling Cancer. September 26, 2015 – via YouTube.
- JoJo Siwa: from 'Dance Moms' to her own holiday bash – Story | KTTV Archived 2017-02-17 at the Wayback Machine. Foxla.com (November 30, 2015). Retrieved on 2016-11-27.
- JoJo Siwa – Video | WNYW. Fox5ny.com (March 18, 2016). Retrieved on 2016-11-27.
- Catch a First Look at "Gonna Be Lit" from the 'Make It Pop: Summer Splash' Special – Twist. Twistmagazine.com. Retrieved on November 27, 2016.
- Nickelodeon's Not So Valentine's Special (2017), retrieved 2017-08-27
- Desk, TV News. "Nickelodeon Announces New Series, THE JOJO & BOWBOW SHOW SHOW". Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "D.R.E.A.M. The Music – EP by JoJo Siwa". Apple Music. Retrieved August 6, 2019.
- "Celebrate – EP by JoJo Siwa". Apple Music. Retrieved August 6, 2019.
- "Gold & Platinum - RIAA". RIAA. Retrieved September 19, 2017.
- "Industry Dance Awards Dancers Choice Awards 2015 – Nominees". Industry Dance Awards.
- "Dancers Choice Awards 2016: Nominees", Industry Dance Awards, accessed July 19, 2016
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to JoJo Siwa.|