John Radzilowski (born 1965) is an American historian, and author of numerous books and articles in the modern history of Poland and in the history of Polish-Americans. He is an associate professor of history at the University of Alaska Southeast.
In 1999, Radzilowski received his PhD from the Arizona State University. He taught courses at the University of St. Thomas, Hamline University, and Anoka-Ramsey Community College in Minnesota. Since 2007, he has been a faculty member at the University of Alaska Southeast.
Radzilowski is a fellow if the Piast Institute and is past president of the Polish American Cultural Institute of Minnesota. He later worked as the assistant coordinator of the Center for Nations in Transition at the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota.
- Out on the Wind. Poles and Danes in Lincoln County. (1992, 1995)
- Bells Over the Prairie. 125 Years of Holy Trinity Catholic Church. (1995)
- To Call It Home. The New Immigrants of Southwestern Minnesota. (1996 co-author with Joseph Amato)
- Prairie Town. A History of Marshall, Minnesota 1872–1997. (1997)
- Community of Strangers. Change, Turnover, Turbulence and the Transformation of a Midwestern Country Town. (1999) (co-author with Joseph Amato)
- Polish Immigrants, 1890–1920 with Rosemary Wallner. Coming to America Series. (2002)
- Poland’s Transformation. A Work in Progress. (2003) (co-author with Marek Jan Chodakiewicz i Dariusz Tołczyk)
- Spanish Carlism and Polish Nationalism. The Borderlands of Europe in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries. (2003) (co-author with Marek Jan Chodakiewicz)
- The Eagle and the Cross. A History of the Polish Roman Catholic Union of America 1873–2000. (2003)
- Poles in Minnesota. (2005)
- Minnesota. On the Road History Series. (2006)
- Travellers History of Poland. (2007, 2013)
- The New Immigrants: Ukrainians Americans (Series editor: Robert D. Johnston) (2007)
- American Immigration: An Encyclopedia of Political, Social and Cultural Change. (2014) (edited with James Ciment)
- Frantic 7: The American Effort to Aid the Warsaw Uprising and the Origins of the Cold War. (2016) (co-author with Jerzy Szczęśniak)
- "John Radzilowski". University of Alaska Southeast. Retrieved 2019-05-18.
- "John Radzilowski". University of Alaska Southeast. Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- "John Radzilowski". www.piastinstitute.org. Retrieved 2019-01-25.
- Postanowienie Prezydenta Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej (1998). "Monitor Polski Nr.5" (PDF). prawo.sejm.gov.pl.
- "Miecislaus Haiman Award". Polish American Historical Association. Retrieved 2019-01-22.
- Radzilowski, John; Mahal, Jennifer (1992). Out on the Wind: Poles and Danes in Lincoln County, Minnesota, 1880-1905. Crossings Press. ISBN 9780961411947.
- Amato, Joseph Anthony; Meyer, John W. (1996-01-01). To Call it Home: The New Immigrants of Southwestern Minnesota. Crossings Press. ISBN 9780961411978.
- Radzilowski, John (1997). Prairie Town: A History of Marshall, Minnesota, 1872-1997. Lyon County Historical Society.
- Wallner, Rosemary (2003). Polish Immigrants, 1890-1920. Capstone. ISBN 9780736812085.
- Kurten, Bjorn (2017-07-12). Poland's Transformation: A Work in Progress. Routledge. ISBN 9781351499323.
- Chodakiewicz, Marek Jan; Radzilowski, John. Spanish Carlism and Polish Nationalism: The Borderlands of Europe in the 19th and 20th Centuries. Transaction Publishers. ISBN 9781412834933.
- Walaszek, Adam (Winter 2005). "Review". Journal of American Ethnic History. 24 (2): 119–120. JSTOR 27501575.
His monograph is descriptive, informative, and it deeply enriches our knowledge about the PRCUA, as well as American and Chicago Polonia. The Eagle and the Cross is a well-written, informative book.
- Radzilowski, John (2009-06-25). Poles in Minnesota. Minnesota Historical Society. ISBN 9780873517492.
- Radzilowski, John (2006-01-01). Minnesota. Interlink Books. ISBN 9781566565677.
- Radzilowski, John (2007). A Traveller's History of Poland. Interlink Books. ISBN 9781566566551.
- Radzilowski, John (2007). Ukrainian Americans. Infobase Publishing. ISBN 9781438107165.
- Ciment, James; Radzilowski, John (2015-03-17). American Immigration: An Encyclopedia of Political, Social, and Cultural Change: An Encyclopedia of Political, Social, and Cultural Change. Routledge. ISBN 9781317477167.
- Homepage at UAS
- Biography at Piast Institute
- "John Radzilowski papers". University of Minnesota. Retrieved 2019-01-22.
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|