|Milwaukee Marshall High School|
4141 North 64th Street
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Milwaukee School District|
|Faculty||53.50 (on a FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||16.17|
John Marshall High School is a public high school located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (United States). John Marshall is part of the Milwaukee Public School system. Formerly a junior-senior high school, the 7th and 8th grades were dropped in 1979 to expand the growing senior high. Recently, the school was redesigned into three divisions: Marshall Montessori IB High School, High School of Sports Education and Employment, and Foster & Williams Visual Communication Campus. As of 2009, the school merged with Samuel Morse Middle School for the Gifted and Talented to form Samuel J. Morse ● John Marshall School for the Gifted & Talented.
The school's mascot is the Eagles and the colors are Columbia Blue and Scarlet. The Marshall Eagles have several sports teams including:
The boys cross country team won a state championship in 1970.
John Marshall High School's demographics as of 2017–2018 were:
- 0.1% Native American/Alaska Native, 1 student
- 6.2%Asian, 50 students
- 85.0% Black, 681 students
- 2.6% Hispanic, 21 students
- 0% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, 0 students
- 4.5% White, 36 students
- 1.5% Two or more race, 12 students
- Mandela Barnes, 45th Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin, former state legislator
- David Berger, Wisconsin state senator
- David Cullen, Wisconsin state representative and county supervisor
- Floyd Heard, Olympic sprinter
- Derrick Jackson, Boston Globe columnist and 2001 Pulitzer Prize finalist
- Warren Kozak, writer and journalist 
- Shirley Krug, Wisconsin state representative, first woman to become a Democratic Party floor leader in the Wisconsin Legislature
- Mona Sutphen, lobbyist, foreign service officer and White House aide under Clinton and Obama
- George Tillman Jr., filmmaker and television producer
- Mike Taylor, NBA Player
- "Marshall High". School Directory Information. National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 15 January 2021.
- "Athletics", John Marshall High School
- 2019 State Cross Country Meet Souvenir Program. Wisconsin Rapids, WI: Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association. November 2, 2019. p. 27.
- "Berger, David G 1946" Wisconsin Historical Society
- "Floyd Heard" USA Track & Field
- Sensat Waldren, Julie. "Where I’m From: Oprah, Frank Caliendo, Gene Wilder, Tony Romo. 30 celebrities remember growing up here" Milwaukee Magazine August 25, 2008 Archived December 28, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Kozak, Warren. "A Parent's Education: The foibles of progressive schooling prompt a search for a better alternative" Wisconsin Interest Volume 19, No. 1 (March 2010)
- Associated Press "Illinois/Wisconsin Briefs: Sutphen to play role in administration" Dubuque Telegraph Herald November 30, 2008.
- Causey, James E. "Filmmaker focuses on black experience" Milwaukee Sentinel June 22, 1992
|This Wisconsin school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|