This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Mozilla Corp. CEO (2008–2010)|
John Lilly is an American-born venture capitalist who serves on the board of directors of the Open Source Applications Foundation and Code for America. He earned a B.S. and M.S. in computer science from Stanford University and is the (co-)inventor on seven US patents.
Lilly was the Chief Executive Officer of the Mozilla Corporation from 2008 to 2010. The corporation, a subsidiary of the Mozilla Foundation, coordinates development of open-source Mozilla Internet applications, including the Firefox web browser. Lilly, previously Mozilla's Chief Operating Officer, succeeded Mitchell Baker as CEO in January 2008. He was one of the co-founders of Reactivity, which was sold to Cisco Systems for $135 million in 2007. "Reactivity Mafia" also produced other notable entrepreneurs such as Mike Schroepfer, CTO of Facebook, Aaref Hilaly, Partner at Sequoia, Oltac Unsal, Super Angel, Akash Garg, Co-founder of hi5, and Dave Ashton, founder of SnapCar.
- "Greylock Partners - John Lilly". Greylock Partners. Retrieved 17 February 2018.
- Hopkins, Mark 'Rizzn' (7 January 2008). "Mozilla Names John Lilly as New CEO".
- Nguyen, Tuan (February 21, 2007). "Cisco Buys Reactivity Inc. for $135 Million".
- "Introducing our new CEO: Gary Kovacs".
- "New Mozilla CEO knows mobile, user interface".
- "Leaving Mozilla's Board". Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- "Three Mozilla Board Members Resign over Choice of New CEO". wsj.com. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- "Mitchell's Blog". Mozillazine. Archived from the original on 2008-01-12.
- "Mozilla Names New Chief, but Reaffirms Open-Source Commitment". The New York Times.
- "Q & A with John Lilly, CEO of Mozilla Corp". Physorg. Archived from the original on 2008-12-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to John Lilly (computer scientist).|
| CEO of Mozilla Corporation
7 January 2008 – 2010
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|