|Born:||November 4, 1944|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Weight||235 lb (107 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|CFL All-Star||1968, 1969|
|CFL West All-Star||1967, 1968, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1973|
|Awards||1967 DeMarco-Becket Memorial Trophy|
1969 CFL Most Outstanding Lineman
|Honors||1988 Edmonton Eskimos Wall of Honour|
After playing college football at Southern Methodist University, where he was an All-American, LaGrone spent his entire 8-year CFL career from 1967 to 1974 as a defensive tackle. He was named a Western Conference All-Star 6 times, a CFL All-Star twice, and won the CFL's Most Outstanding Lineman Award in 1969.
Statistics and photo
- Beilue, Jon Mark (1999-08-24). "LaGrone was a complete player". Amarillo Globe-News.
- Gove, Chris (1999-11-07). "This judge used to rule with defense". Amarillo Globe-News.
- Edmonton Eskimos - Wall of Honour Archived 2010-10-28 at the Wayback Machine. Esks.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-06.
- "Welcome to Hutchinson County, Texas". Archived from the original on April 3, 2007. Retrieved 2011-09-23.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link). hutchinson.tx.us
- Retro: Eskimo Great John LaGrone. mybirdie.ca. 02/07/2009