This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||11 February 1959|
Christchurch, New Zealand
|World Rally Championship record|
|Active years||1985, 1987–1989, 1991, 1998, 2007–2017|
|Teams||Pirelli Star Driver, Hyundai Motorsport|
|First rally||1985 1000 Lakes Rally|
|First win||2016 Rally Argentina|
|Last win||2016 Rally Argentina|
|Last rally||2017 Rally Argentina|
Born in Christchurch, New Zealand, Kennard has been a co-driver to numerous drivers, the most notable being Hayden Paddon at Hyundai motorsport. They had their first win at Rally Argentina in 2016.
In March 2017 it has been announced that Kennard will step down as Paddon's co-driver this summer after Rally Finland and that a replacement for John will be announced soon. The replacement was confirmed the day after to be Kevin Abbring's co-driver Sebastian Marshall.
Kennard suffered a hip injury prior to the 2017 Rally de Portugal, which meant Marshall had to substitute for Kennard for the rally. On 30 May, Kennard retired as co-driver earlier than what was planned, because of the injury.
- "John Kennard – Hyundai Motorsport Official Site". Motorsport.hyundai.com. 11 February 1959. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Hayden Paddon splits with long-time co-driver John Kennard". Newshub.co.nz. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Hayden Paddon confirms Brit Sebastian Marshall as replacement for outgoing co-driver John Kennard". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- "Kennard hands over to Marshall". wrc.com. 30 May 2017. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
- Jones, Peter (22 November 2016). "Kennard picks up top sports award". The Marlborough Express. Retrieved 15 October 2017.