|Occupation||NFL official (2002–present)|
Hussey officiated in Super Bowl XLV in 2011, the 2011 NFC Championship Game between the San Francisco 49ers and the New York Giants and the 2013 AFC Championship Game between the New England Patriots and the Denver Broncos, all as a line judge.
Hussey was the referee in the Detroit Lions' 18-16 surprise victory over the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI on November 15, 2015, their first in the state of Wisconsin since 1991.
Hussey's 2020 NFL officiating crew consists of umpire Alan Eck, down judge Sarah Thomas, line judge Carl Johnson, field judge Allen Baynes, side judge Jabir Walker, back judge Brad Freeman, replay official Jamie Nicholson, and replay assistant Denise Crudup.
Outside the NFL, Hussey is a sales representative for a retail logistics group.
- "3 officials audition for referee position". Footballzebras.com. 7 August 2014. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- "R Bill Leavy retires after 20 seasons". Footballzebras.com. 13 May 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- "LJ John Hussey moves to the referee position". Footballzebras.com. 13 May 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- "Week 1 referee assignments". Footballzebras.com. 9 September 2015. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- "Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers - November 15th, 2015". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- Filipe, Cameron (2020-06-03). "Officiating crews for the 2020 season". Football Zebras. Retrieved 2020-06-21.
|This biographical article relating to an American football player, coach, or other figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|