John Hamilton, 4th Earl of Haddington (1626 - 31 August 1669) was a Scottish nobleman.
Lord Haddington was a minor in 1645, when he succeeded his brother Thomas who had died from consumption in that year. Owing to lameness, Haddington did not participate in the military, but was a conscientious attender of Parliament. Haddington attended the coronation of Charles II at Scone Abbey in 1651, and was later fined the sum of £555 11s 8d under Cromwell's Act of Grace.
Haddington died on 31 August 1669 at Tyninghame House, East Lothian.
Marriage and issue
- Charles Hamilton, 5th Earl of Haddington
- Hon. Thomas Hamilton, died in infancy
- Hon. John Hamilton, died in infancy
- Hon. William Hamilton, died in infancy
- Lady Margaret Hamilton, married John Hope of Hopetoun, and had issue: Charles Hope, 1st Earl of Hopetoun
- Lady Catherine Hamilton, died in infancy
- Lady Anna Hamilton, died in infancy
- Lady Helen Hamilton, married William Anstruther
- Lady Susanna Hamilton, married Adam Cockburn, Lord Ormiston
- Lady Christian Hamilton, died in infancy
- Lady Elizabeth Hamilton, died in infancy
- Lady Mary Hamilton
- Balfour Paul, vol iv, p318