|Born:||February 25, 1994|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||205 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Portsmouth (VA) I. C. Norcom|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Career Arena statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Joe Powell (born February 25, 1994) is a professional gridiron football linebacker for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played college football at Globe Institute of Technology in Manhattan, New York City.
Powell played one season of football at Globe Institute of Technology, totaling 53 tackles, 1.5 sacks and one interception in 2013.
Lehigh Valley Steelhawks
Powell was signed by the Lehigh Valley Steelhawks of the Professional Indoor Football League (PIFL) in 2015. He earned PIFL Defensive Rookie of the Year honors after recording 52.5 tackles and 11 interceptions.
New York Giants
On October 25, 2016, Powell was signed to the Bills' practice squad. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Bills on January 2, 2017. On September 2, 2017, Powell was waived by the Bills.
First stint with Brigade
Second stint with Brigade
After the AAF suspended football operations, Powell was assigned to the Baltimore Brigade on April 7, 2019.
St. Louis BattleHawks
In October 2019, Powell was drafted by the St. Louis BattleHawks of the XFL in the 2020 XFL Draft. He scored the first special teams touchdown in the second generation of the XFL on February 23, 2020, scoring on a 90-yard kickoff return, which featured a reverse that he received from Keith Mumphery. He had his contract terminated when the league suspended operations on April 10, 2020.
- Larry Rubama (November 27, 2011). "Football: Norcom had a plan, but not all answers". www.pilotonline.com. The Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved May 26, 2016.
- "Joe Powell". clevelandgladiators.com. Archived from the original on June 10, 2016. Retrieved June 10, 2016.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- "Team Transactions". arenafan.com. Archived from the original on June 10, 2016. Retrieved June 10, 2016.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- "Check Out The Rookie Minicamp Roster". philadelphiaeagles.com. May 12, 2016. Retrieved June 10, 2016.
- Kratch, James (August 17, 2016). "things you need to know about new Giants defensive back Joe Powell". nj.com. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- Eisen, Michael (August 30, 2016). "Giants announce first round of roster cuts". Giants.com. Archived from the original on August 23, 2017.
- Brown, Chris (October 25, 2016). "Bills elevate practice squad WR Eagan to active roster". BuffaloBills.com. Archived from the original on August 6, 2017.
- "Bills announce six as future signings". BuffaloBills.com. January 2, 2017. Archived from the original on August 29, 2017.
- Brown, Chris (September 2, 2017). "Bills move 30 off the roster to reach 53". BuffaloBills.com. Archived from the original on April 10, 2018.
- "Havoc sign DB and Former NFL & Indoor Football Veteran Joe Powell". atlantahavoc.com. January 19, 2018. Archived from the original on February 1, 2018. Retrieved January 31, 2018.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "Team Transactions". arenafan.com. Archived from the original on March 31, 2018. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Bender, Bill (October 21, 2019). "XFL Draft picks 2019: Complete results, rosters, players for new football league". Sporting News. Retrieved October 23, 2019.
- Condotta, Bob (April 10, 2020). "XFL suspends operations, terminates all employees, but Jim Zorn says he has hopes league will continue". SeattleTimes.com. Retrieved July 17, 2020.
- "Tiger-Cats Add Three Americans, Including Former NFL Running Back Oliver". Hamilton Tiger-Cats. April 13, 2020. Retrieved April 13, 2020.