Jim Lawson at the 2008 New York Comic Con
|Born||February 19, 1960|
|Area(s)||Writer, Penciller, Artist, Inker, Letterer|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
Jim Lawson (born February 19, 1960) is an American comic book writer and artist best known for his work on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series. Lawson created the Rat King and also co-created the series Planet Racers with Peter Laird. He is also the writer/artist of the black-and white-comic series Paleo: Tales of the Late Cretaceous. For more than 20 years he was a writer and artist of TMNT comics, but in 2009 he announced that he would depart from TMNT following Peter Laird's sale of the property to Viacom.
On February 19, 2019 Lawson launched a Kickstarter campaign for his independent graphic novel and trade paperback, Dragonfly and Hellride. The campaign offered a reward for $1500, to the buyer who received the book's property rights.
- Miller, John Jackson. "Comics Industry Birthdays", Comics Buyer's Guide, June 10, 2005. Accessed January 1, 2011. WebCitation archive.
- Lawson, Jim (October 22, 2009) "The Sale of the TMNTs". Boxburning, Blogger.
- Lawson, Jim (January 25, 2013 ). "DRAGONFLY: An adventure tale of dinosauric proportions!". Kickstarter.
- "The Creator's Bill of Rights". at scottmccloud.com. Retrieved February 19, 2013.
- Lawson, Jim (February 2019 ). "Dragonfly and Hellride". Kickstarter.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jim Lawson.|
- Official site
- Jim Lawson's blog
- Jim Lawson at the Comic Book DB (archived from the original)
- "Comic creator: Jim Lawson". Lambiek Comiclopedia.
|This profile of an American comics artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|