|No. 57, 52|
|Born:||April 18, 1959|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||229 lb (104 kg)|
|High school:||Cheyenne Central (WY)|
|NFL Draft:||1982 / Round: 3 / Pick: 81|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
James A. Eliopulos (born April 18, 1959) is a former American football linebacker in the National Football League for the Dallas Cowboys, St. Louis Cardinals and New York Jets. He played college football at the University of Wyoming.
As a junior, he started at linebacker after having played different positions (including tight end) in previous years, finishing with 83 tackles, 2 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles and 4 sacks.
In 1981, he posted 84 tackles (led the team), 2 interceptions, 3 fumble recoveries and a then school record 10 sacks. His best game was against Colorado State University when he made 10 tackles, 6 sacks for 54 yards in losses and one interception, earning him WAC player of the week honors.
Eliopulos was selected in the third round (81st overall) of the 1982 NFL Draft by the Dallas Cowboys, who liked his potential as an athlete. He injured his knee during the first week of training camp and was placed on the injured reserve list on September 6, 1982. He was released on August 22, 1983.
St. Louis Cardinals
New York Jets
Toronto Argonauts (CFL)
- "Defensive team announced; 3 Utes, 2 Cougars are among the honorees". Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- "Transactions". Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- "Cowboys Cut Former Gator Chris Faulkner". Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- "SPORTS PEOPLE; Question of Ethics". Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- "Linebacker Jim Eliopulos, waived three times this season by..." Retrieved April 30, 2017.