Jide kosoko at 2020 AMVCA
12 January 1954
He studied business administration at Yaba College of Technology. He began his acting career as a child actor in 1964 in a television production Makanjuola. He has featured in several Nollywood movies in both English and Yoruba Languages.
The young Kosoko grew up in Ebute Metta and was inspired by the success of Hubert Ogunde to go into acting, when an acquaintance  who was working with the Ifelodun traveling theatre troupe invited him to audition for a role in Makanjuola, a tele-movie, Kosoko accepted the invitation, he auditioned and was chosen for the role, playing a  played a character called Alabi. Kosoko continued with acting, he performed with the Awada Kerikeri group consisting of Sunday Omobolanle, Lanre Hassan and Oga Bello, and had guest appearances on the T.V. Show, New Masquerade. In 1972, he formed his own group theatre troupe.
Kosoko has written and produced his own films and stage plays including Ogun Ahoyaya. Kosoko became visible during the Video film era, producing his own film, Asiri n la in 1992, starring in Asewo to re Mecca and Tunde Kelani's Ti Oluwa Ni'Le part 2.
He is the father of popular Nollywood actresses Bidemi, Shola, Temilade, Tunji, Muyiwa, Tunde kosoko
- Nkan La (1992)
- Oro Nla (1993)
- Out of Luck
- The Department (2015)
- Gidi Up (2014) (TV Series)
- Doctor Bello (2013)
- The Meeting (2012)
- Last Flight to Abuja (2012)
- I'll Take My Chances (2011)
- The Figurine (2009)
- The Royal Hibiscus Hotel
- King of Boys (2018)
- Sugar Rush (2019 film)
- Merrymen (2019)
- Bling Lagosians (2019)
- Love is war (2019)
- "How I survived car crash – Jide Kosoko". punchng.com. Archived from the original on 2 August 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "I would have been disappointed if none of my children became an actor – Jide Kosoko". punchng.com. Archived from the original on 12 August 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Jide Kosoko reveals he has diabetes". dailypost.ng. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "My life as Jide Kosoko's daughter—Abidemi Kosoko". tribune.com.ng. Archived from the original on 13 August 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Dad doesn't know how to discipline kids— Jide Kosoko's daughter". punchng.com. Archived from the original on 11 August 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- Yetunde Bamidele. "Nollywood Actor, Jide Kosoko talks about life at the age of 60". Naij. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- "Jide Kosoko: A true actor at 60". Daily Independent. January 18, 2014. Archived from the original on February 25, 2015. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- "I Got The Beating Of My Life After My First Performance – Jide Kosoko • Channels Television". Retrieved 2018-07-04.
- PM NEWS Nigeria. 2014-02-11.
- Duru, Anthonia (2015-07-23). "Nigeria: Jide Kosoko - Thespian With Panache". Daily Independent (Lagos). Retrieved 2018-07-04.
- "How Ogunde inspired me into acting – Veteran actor Jide Kosoko - The Nation Nigeria". The Nation Nigeria. 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2018-07-04.
- Abraham, Anthony Ada (2016-02-22). "Nigeria: I Will Bring Back the New Masquerade - Chief Zebrudaya". Leadership (Abuja). Retrieved 2018-07-04.
- "I AM A PRINCE, BUT I WON'T BE OBA â€" JIDE KOSOKO". Nigerian Voice. Retrieved 2018-07-04.
- "'The Department' Watch Osas Ighodaro, OC Ukeje, Majid Michel in trailer". Pulse Nigeria. Chidumga Izuzu. Retrieved 16 January 2015.