Jesse V. Johnson
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Johnson has made primarily action films. These include the 2009 revenge thriller The Butcher and the crime drama Charlie Valentine. He is also known for his collaboration with actor and martial artist Scott Adkins.
Prior to becoming a filmmaker, he worked as a stuntman and later a stunt coordinator. His stunt performing credits include: M:i:III, Charlie's Angels, Mars Attacks!, Planet of the Apes, Starship Troopers, War of the Worlds, Total Recall, The Thin Red Line and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. He worked as a stunt coordinator on Beowulf.
Filmography as director
- Death Row the Tournament (1998)
- The Doorman (1999)
- The Honorable (2002)
- Pit Fighter (2005)
- The Last Sentinel (2007)
- Alien Agent (2007)
- The Fifth Commandment (2008)
- Charlie Valentine (2009)
- Green Street Hooligans 2 (2009)
- The Butcher (2009)
- The Package (2013)
- Savage Dog (2017)
- Accident Man (2018)
- The Debt Collector (2018)
- Triple Threat (2019)
- Avengement (2019)
- The Mercenary (2019)
- Debt Collectors (2020), a sequel to "The Debt Collector"
- "Jesse V. Johnson". The New York Times. Archived from the original on March 18, 2008.
- Sweeney, R. Emmet (February 6, 2018). ""You Have to Make Money. It's a Business": Jesse V. Johnson on Accident Man, Scott Adkins and the Logistics of Fast DTV Shoots". Filmmaker.
- Hartel, Nick (August 2, 2009). "The Butcher". DVD Talk.
- Hartel, Nick (October 5, 2010). "The Hitmen Diaries: Charlie Valentine". DVD Talk.
|This biographical article related to film in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|